Can I do this...i am doubting myself

Can I do this...i am doubting myself

Posted by Korhy on Sep 24, 2020 5:34 pm

hi my husband 36 yrs old got diagnosed with ewimg sarcoma a rare childhood cancer. He had his first treatment Monday and since then he has started feeling some of the side effects light sensitivity...loss of taste. I also been working and I feel guilty for leaving him knowing I am can bring home something. He doesn't have a fever of 38 but close but he experiencing depression. We don't have many friends he like no one messages me unless I message them. He feeling isolated depressed and I don't know if i can keep myself going i am also going through anxiety tired because I am working. We just started and I am already doubting myself. We have a full year or more of chemo and potential radiation its a lot. 

Re: Can I do this...i am doubting myself

Posted by Wendy Tea on Sep 24, 2020 6:41 pm

Korhy‍  I am sad you are overwhelmed but you don't need to do this alone.  Please reach out to your family doctor,  to your husband's medical team,  to your spiritual leader for help. They can give you tips and tricks to help you get through these challenging times. Don't be afraid to ask for help.  When I needed help people i didn't  know well jumped in to help. I was so surprised and grateful.  Please try to take time for yourself too. Self care is very important. 

Posted by Melanoma on Sep 24, 2020 6:55 pm

You are NOT alone and neither is your husband.
You have this site and take the time to ask your oncologist about additional support, most cancer centres have a social worker.
It is NOT uncommon to have these feelings. 
Most of us have been there or are still there . 
Make sure you and your husband get support . 
Thanks 

Posted by Korhy on Jan 13, 2021 3:38 pm

hello all,

i have been away for a few months. been busy with work, chemo and other stuff. i have reached out and am getting help. i have also asked family to help with small things. a little bit overwhelmed my husband will be starting radiation soon and we know nothing we got a call today and report to the hospital tomorrow for his markings. hopefully the dr will give us some details on when he will have that, will he still receiving chemo too. just dont have answers. but i am glad i finally realized i needed help and am getting it. thanks all for reaching out.

Posted by Essjay on Jan 14, 2021 7:51 am

Hi Korhy‍ - today in your husbands session at the hospital for marking (the only tattoos I have), all will be explained. The session will be a bit tiring - lots of scans as they work through the radiology plan and see how he needs to be set up. It’s worth it though because all of these measurements help them run the radiation sessions quickly and smoothly (I found them incredibly efficient). Once that planning and the markings are done you will meet with a nurse who will go through what happens, creams to use, things to avoid, and things that may happen. 

I found radiation fairly easy after going through chemo. My skin help up well (I had some itchy redness that needed hydrocortisone cream), but I knew they had a variety of options if I had problems. 

Hopefully all your questions will be answered today, if not, there’s lots of experiences here and we’ll help you out.

Glad you are reaching out.

best wishes, Essjay
Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor since July 2018

Posted by Trillium on Jan 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Hello Korhy‍ - Good for you for getting all the help and support you needed. Hope all went well with your husband and his appointment.

Take Care
Trillium

Posted by Korhy on Jan 14, 2021 6:32 pm

Appt went well and feel much better after it. My husband's gonna do radiation while also doing his chemo I feel bad for all hes gonna go through. But when we started this journey we said we will get through this together.