Devastating news

Devastating news

Posted by Ann66 on Sep 10, 2020 6:26 am

We got the pathology report today. My mom's breast cancer is now metastatic.They also think she had 2 primary tumours for neuroendocrine cancer after the removed her gallbladder and did a small bowel resection including the lymph nodes. And now.....she has non Hodgkins lymphoma. 

​​​​​​We don't have the PET/CT scan yet on my chart. 
💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

Re: Devastating news

Posted by Brighty on Sep 10, 2020 11:46 am

Ann66‍  I'm so very sorry.      I want to send you  a big hug and know you are not alone.     We are here to walk you though and be by your side.
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Sep 10, 2020 11:59 am

Ann66‍ 

That is a lot of tough news to receive in one day. I'm sorry.

How is she doing? How are you?

Thinking of you,
Lacey

Posted by Pokergal on Sep 11, 2020 9:39 am

My prayers are with you!

Posted by vic777 on Sep 11, 2020 9:57 am

Hi Ann66,

Thats a ton of awful news to digest in a short period of time.  I guess it goes without saying it may help to wait until you get the remaining results of her tests and then see what the doctors are suggesting for going forward.  And there is always a forward as going back never helps, guess thats kind of obvious but it bears needing a reminder.

In the meantime, Ann66, you hang in there with and for your mom as well as yourself. As everyone says, we are here for you to rant, cry, whatever you need to help ease the burden of this journey.

Ruth

Posted by Mammabear on Sep 11, 2020 2:20 pm

Wow - doubly whammy. With respect to the metastatic breast cancer, many of us live with that so it may be manageable like a chronic illness depending on type and treatment plan. My mother has non-hodgkins lymphoma and it is felicular so slow growing. She had 4 immunotherapy treatments with no side-effects about 6 years ago and then some radiation to target one particularly annoying tumour in her nasal cavity but other than that and regular monitoring the Oncologist said that particular type at her age (80) won't kill her. Certainly different with both but depending on her age and overall health she likely has many more years to be there for you like a mother wants to be. I also remember when I was diagnosed and I said to my mother "at least it isn't one of my children". My mother's response was "It IS one of my children". She took my diagnosis the worst of all family. When she was diagnosed a year after my cancer 1.0 her doctor thought it hadn't 'hit her yet' and she said it was fine because it was HER and not one of HER CHILDREN. So keep it in mind that no matter how much this is hard on you, it is easier on your mother for it to be her in the treatment chair and NOT her children. 

Posted by law on Sep 12, 2020 12:09 pm

Wow!!  That is a lot to handle. I admire you for sharing the news with all of us and I send you and your Mom virtual hugs
Keep us in the loop.
law

Posted by Whitelilies on Sep 12, 2020 8:29 pm

Ann66‍ Hello
I am sorry to hear this news.....yes it sure is a lot.....your plate is full....I am glad you shared......then we can ALL support you, even better.
Take care of yourself and take care of your mom.....even sitting together, with a hot cuppa, add lemons! (Make lemonade !)
Sending Hugs
Whitelilies

Lillian