What Next?

Re: What Next?

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Oct 24, 2020 8:13 am

CentralAB‍ Thank you for sharing this. Grief does affect us in many ways, and your way is very inspiring.
“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying

Posted by CentralAB on Oct 31, 2020 2:23 pm

Thank you Cynthia Mac‍ I sometimes wonder how I am really doing. Its not all "wine and roses" for sure. One of the things that really helps me is to do something for myself, something for self improvement. Its all part of "taking care of myself after she is gone."

So on that note: HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL! I am dressed up here as a senior citizen on a brand new bicycle! Just rode it home 8 km from the bike store!

3c0257d431c940e6b3adc5cda6ef0fa0-huge-_m

Cynthia Mac:
CentralAB‍ Thank you for sharing this. Grief does affect us in many ways, and your way is very inspiring.

________________ "there is always a little Light"

Posted by Kims1961 on Nov 1, 2020 10:57 am

CentralAB‍ ”What Next”? ....i can only imagine.  A woman, who amongst COVID and being in an abusive situation, comes upon some of Donna’s clothes and sees it not just as a way to get dressed, but also of the kindness of others - that the world is not filled with violence, fear, afraid of being in your own home....

What’s Next? - the money raised will help a shelter, who undoubtedly during COVID has been struggling with their own fundraising..don’t even get me started on the inadequate funding for such an important , life changing organizations that are our women’s shelter....

Donna and your love lives on in the hopes of other women escaping trauma, fear, violence - thank you!!

I also want to say I LOVE the bicycle.  Biking is such a great form of self care and in a way taking Donna on your journeys.  Well done!  

Thank you for your post - it has really made my day.

Kim
Her2+, ER+ Bilateral mastectomy in 2017, followed by chemo and radiation. Mack and Hannah's mom

Posted by CentralAB on Nov 10, 2020 6:41 pm

Kims1961‍ This has to be one of the most meaningful things someone has said to me about my experience. While it might appear so by my post that I am "doing well," there are great stormy waves of grief rolling around and just waiting for the "right moment" to burst forth and wreak havoc. I really dont want those waves to happen, but they do anyways. They are not listening to me! But I really appreciate it when someone doesnt try to fix my grief, or tell me how "normal" I supposedly am. (are they saying I wasnt normal in the past?) What I find to be the major blessing in all this is when someone just kind of puts themselves in my shoes for a minute, and reflect back what they are seeing then. That really makes my day because it tells me (among other things) that someone hears what I am saying, and that yes, there are people who do care enough to look for those little rays of light and tell me about them. It gives much need inspiration and strength to go the next few miles. So thank you for this. 😀

Kims1961:
CentralAB‍ ”What Next”? ....i can only imagine.  A woman, who amongst COVID and being in an abusive situation, comes upon some of Donna’s clothes and sees it not just as a way to get dressed, but also of the kindness of others - that the world is not filled with violence, fear, afraid of being in your own home....

What’s Next? - the money raised will help a shelter, who undoubtedly during COVID has been struggling with their own fundraising..don’t even get me started on the inadequate funding for such an important , life changing organizations that are our women’s shelter....

Donna and your love lives on in the hopes of other women escaping trauma, fear, violence - thank you!!

I also want to say I LOVE the bicycle.  Biking is such a great form of self care and in a way taking Donna on your journeys.  Well done!  

Thank you for your post - it has really made my day.

Kim

________________ "there is always a little Light"