The Ontario Caregiver Organization

The Ontario Caregiver Organization

Posted by Trillium on Feb 26, 2020 11:25 am

Hello everyone.

This is a new not for profit for caregivers of all forms which is about a year old and trying to fill the needs and gaps for caregivers. I believe it is only for Ontario residents but hopefully will be expanded or used as a model for other provinces.

This new free online course just came through my email so please share widely. Could not have come at a better time for me.

https://ontariocaregiver.ca/resources/scale-program/

Re: The Ontario Caregiver Organization

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Feb 26, 2020 2:25 pm

This looks like an excellent resource VioletFlower‍ 

Thanks for sharing!

Lianne

Posted by Trillium on Feb 26, 2020 2:47 pm

I hope people find this useful, Lianne_adminCCS‍ .  It should read The Ontario Caregiver Organization.

I was going to do some volunteer work for this organization but have to put a hold on that so I can be there for my son. I feel this is such a need!  I also wanted to volunteer at a hospice after my mum died but then my dad died and I had to wait another year and to be honest I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to do hospice volunteer work. 

My son has his follow up appointment for next Friday Mar 6. I’m feeling scared and can only imagine what he feels.

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Feb 26, 2020 3:28 pm

VioletFlower‍ 

I changed the subject line to align with the proper name - thanks

Wishing you and your son well for the followup appointment

Lianne

Posted by Kims1961 on Feb 27, 2020 9:46 am

VioletFlower‍ Thank you for sharing!!!  I have also shared it with a group at the office where I work.  The webinars look very good and some interesting resources.

Thank you again and hope all goes well at the appt. for you son.

Kim
Her2+, ER+ Bilateral mastectomy in 2017, followed by chemo and radiation. Mack and Hannah's mom

Posted by Partner on Jun 17, 2020 8:20 pm

Thank you for sharing this... I will check it out!

Posted by Trillium on Jun 17, 2020 9:51 pm

Partner‍ - I found these webinars most useful and attended all of them live and am reviewing some now because they have been updated. I also attended all of the support meetings after each webinar and the individual counselling sessions. All of these were so helpful for me. The whole program is being run a second time now! I am still attending individual counselling as well. 

It’s interesting to read my post from just a few months ago and how things have changed. I will be volunteering at the new hospice in July and will be volunteering at this caregiver organization too. I decided that I should do the things I want to do and be with others who have the same interests and get out of the house. I will be checking in with my counsellor to be sure that I am ok during this process.

Hope others find this as useful as I have.

Wishing you the best.
Judy

Posted by Laika57 on Jul 30, 2020 9:43 pm

Just signed up for their next webinar.
August 13

Transforming Caregiver Guilt & Resentment

i figure it might help prevent some of our yelling matches....

Have you hugged your dog today?

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Aug 2, 2020 8:52 am

Thanks, Laika57‍ , I’ve added that one to my calendar.
“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying

Posted by IamJay on Aug 3, 2020 10:11 am

Thanks Laika57‍  for sharing this resource. We live in Alberta but I think my partner could access the recorded information.