Wound And Skin Care

Wound And Skin Care

Posted by CentralAB on Jan 9, 2020 11:45 am

I thought this might be of interest to Caregivers, or perhaps even people who have cancer.  It deals with wound and skin care.  Wounds Canada has materials available that talk about the latest in wounds from pressure points, and wounds from surgery.

You can download pdf files for the area of interest you have. That would help with having a handy reference for times when you need it. Hope this helps someone. 😀

Re: Wound And Skin Care

Posted by MCoaster on Jan 9, 2020 2:40 pm

Thanks for sharing the paper.   My wounds are causing me sleepless nights and feelings of claustrophobia.   I have some very useful suggestions from this site, one of which was going to a rmt and after much research I have an appointment tomorrow.   I am so happy to have found someone who is not only skilled but a nice person. I do not live near a big city and as someone told me “here after surgery you are cast adrift”.   My doctor who is usually very good had no suggestions to make so perhaps he may be interested in the article!
Thanks again.
Margaret

Posted by Treepeo on Jan 9, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi CentralAB‍,

I will be having a bilateral mastectomy and worry about the possibility of infection.  It never even dawned on me to look up information re: wounds and their care.  So thank you very much for sharing.  I really appreciate it.

Posted by CentralAB on Jan 9, 2020 8:45 pm

Im really happy that I was able to help people with this post. I already sort of know this stuff from my nursing days, but I recalled someone on this site a short while ago talking about their struggle with a surgical wound, and thought this would come in handy, likely for a number of people. Post-surgical wound care is really important, and this topic can help people stay at home more instead of running to the doctor or the hospital. I saw there is also a good section on that site re diabetic foot/skin care, and pressure sores/wounds as well.