My Husband Has Kidney Cancer

My Husband Has Kidney Cancer

Posted by scaredysquirrel on Mar 13, 2019 3:01 am

My husband was diagnosed with kidney cancer awhile ago and his surgery date is finally approaching - March 27th.  He will be in the hospital for 2 or 3 days.  It's a non-evasive surgery, they are not taking the whole kidney just part with tumor.  He is getting nervous.  Thankfully the surgery is at RCH where I had my cancer surgery and chemo, so is close to home.  I will be able to visit with him and stay there most of the day.  

Re: My Husband Has Kidney Cancer

Posted by MedieaVal on Mar 14, 2019 9:49 am

I'm sure your husband is nervous, very natural. You have both had a lot to deal with. I hope his recovery is swift and uneventful. 

Posted by princessmaura on Mar 14, 2019 10:42 am

scaredysquirrel‍, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's kidney cancer...I wish him luck on his upcoming surgery...

Posted by Elsie13 on Mar 16, 2019 4:07 pm

Oh my goodness, scaredysquirrel‍ .  I remember that he had a heart attack, and that he had to go for tests. How long has it been since his cancer diagnosis?

Posted by scaredysquirrel on Mar 19, 2019 7:17 pm

Greetings, thanks. He got the diagnosis about a year ago, but Drs. wanted him to wait until his heart is better before surgery.  He is going in next Wed.  it's a partial kidney removal.  I will keep everyone posted.

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Mar 19, 2019 7:58 pm

All the best to you and hubby scaredysquirrel‍scaredysquirrel‍. Please let us know how it goes.

Take care,
Lacey

Posted by Kims1961 on Mar 19, 2019 8:56 pm

scaredysquirrel‍  Thank you for keeping us posted.  With your own experience in the cancer world, you will be an excellent help to your husband.  Sending healing energies his way.  Keep us posted.  Kim