Melanoma

Melanoma

Posted by Beth62 on Oct 23, 2020 11:45 am

Hey there, I  finished a year of Opdivo an finshed my last infusion in March 2020. Still having some minor side effects like dryness in eyes, and susceptibility to dermatitis. Anyone gone through immunotherapy and still having issues? 

Re: Melanoma

Posted by Wendy Tea on Oct 23, 2020 3:24 pm

Beth62‍  Welcome.  I am so glad you have jumped right into our community.  As you read through various posts, you may want to look at Treatments and side effects under Forums. Please continue to add your wisdom to our community.  Cheers!

Posted by Melanoma on Oct 24, 2020 8:48 am

Finished keytruda for stage 4 melanoma in late 2019 , my eyes are still dry use drops frequently.

Posted by sgt. pepper on Oct 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Hi,

I have many posts outlining my journey with melanoma and will not repeat the details here.  Just a word about immunotherapy,  I was in a clinical trial in 2017 and was treated with Keytruda for six months.  I have been cancer free since then but did not tolerate treatment side effects such as rashes, fatigue, weight gain, headaches and meningitis (treatment was stopped due to the latter).  I also suffered serious joint symptoms and developed frozen shoulders in both arms.  However, it was well worth it since treatment was successful and my melanoma has been gone now after just two months of treatment.  It was my third recurrence at the time.  

The side effects seem to linger for a while so don't worry.  I also required an infusion of Benadryl just prior to treatment as I had an allergic reaction to the drug.  What an ordeal and I'm so glad it's over, hopefully for good.

Sgt. Pepper