Endometrial

Endometrial

Posted by Maddie on Dec 4, 2018 12:03 pm

am two years post hysterectomy and vaginal brachytherapy. Is it still normal to have some vaginal bleeding?

Re: Endometrial

Posted by Carjac87 on Dec 5, 2018 5:21 am

Hi Maddie!

I had the same treatment a year ago & had some bleeding this September. When I was checked out, the doctor said things looked good & that it could be due to the fact that I'm postmenopausal &/or that the vaginal walls are much thinner now (due to the menopause & the radiation), so some bleeding may happen.

Personally though, I would certainly see the doctor about it. Do you still have your cervix?

Keep us posted!

Posted by SmileyKat on Dec 5, 2018 5:39 am

I would talk to your doctor because that is always one of the first questions they ask me - any bleeding? It may be nothing but always good to be safe and check.    I’m 2 1/2 years post radiation and brachytherapy as well.  

Posted by Jlo on Dec 5, 2018 2:48 pm

Dear Maddie‍ 

i would go and get that checked out.  I spotted once or twice 6 months after my hysterectomy and my GP gave me a complete pelvic  exam and took swabs.  Everything was OK, but he was glad that I had it checked.  Good luck, and I hope it's nothing, but please check it out.  Joan.