Vitamin E capsule

Vitamin E capsule

Posted by Sew On on Nov 16, 2018 1:21 pm

is scarring reduced by rubbing the incision area with the liquid inside a Vitamin E capsule?

Re: Vitamin E capsule

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Nov 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Sew On‍ 
I used Mederma although there is no way to know what it would have looked like without it. But my scar is smooth and mostly almost unnoticeable 

Posted by Sew On on Nov 16, 2018 2:08 pm

What is Mederma.

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Nov 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Sorry Sew On‍  - it is a gel product that is meant to minimize the appearance of scars. Would probably find it in the drugstore and I know Walmart carries it as well. Some people also use Bio .Oil. I have also tried that but again there is no way to know what it would have looked like if I had gone another way

Lianne

Posted by Maggie17 on Nov 17, 2018 8:15 am

I have used vitamin e oil from the beginning on my mastectomy scar and found it to be very effective. My scar is almost invisible.   I don’t use capsules but the actual oil in a bottle.  In saying this I’m like others who have said I don’t know what it would have looked like if I hadn’t used it.  

Posted by LPPK on Nov 17, 2018 8:37 am

Sew On‍ Over 30 years ago when my daughter ended up with 6 stitches on her forehead someone (can't remember who) told me that massaging the scar would help it to become less visible because of the circulation you are bringing into the area by the massaging.
There are many products on the market that claim they help to minimize scars, but is it really the product or the massaging of the area while putting it on that does the trick?

Posted by meems on Nov 17, 2018 9:59 am

I used oil from vitamin e capsule with great results.  Applied it every night before going to bed.  Good luck!

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Nov 18, 2018 8:25 am

LPPK‍ , I had an OR nurse tell me the same thing, just about 10 years ago. She saw an old scar on my shin from where I’d gone through my front entrance (the base under the unistone had washed away, and I was the lucky one who discovered that - the hard way - about 8 years before that). Even though it was an old scar, she said to give it a vigourous rub every now and then - when I was watching TV, or when I was applying body lotion, or whenever I thought of it. I have to say, it has helped.

Posted by Cinderella59 on Nov 18, 2018 4:42 pm

LPPK‍,  Cynthia Mac‍, Lianne_adminCCS‍ 

Hi so I was told that natural Shea butter was good for scarring. 
Has anyone else heard this? 

Sometimes I forget to put it on my portacath scar.  As ppl can see it especially in the summer time when you wear tops that have a low neckline.
I still have chemo brain. I hear that can last up to 5 yrs. oh joy. 

Lianne, Mederma gel how often do you use it?  

Thanks 

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Nov 18, 2018 11:34 pm

Cinderella59‍ 
I am sure I just followed the directions on the tube. I have used it for several surgeries actually and they have all healed well. So maybe I am just a good healer or it is doing its job smiley

I have heard of the shea butter but have no personal experience with it

Lianne

Share with your friends: