Help modernize Canada’s cancer plan with #30MinutesThat Matter

Help modernize Canada’s cancer plan with #30MinutesThat Matter

Posted by ashcon on Oct 31, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi everyone -

The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC) has been asked by the federal Minister of Health to engage Canadians in refreshing the strategy to tackle the most pressing challenges that affect patients with cancer. Now, more than ever, they need to hear from all of Canada’s diverse voices, whether that's as a cancer patient or as a caregiver of someone afflicted by cancer.

Take #30MinutesThatMatter and visit cancerstrategy.ca to learn more on this initiative and to complete the survey that lets Canadians identify what's most important and to have our say about the future of cancer care. 
We can all help to modernize Canada's Cancer Plan Strategy so that fewer of us are diagnosed or die from cancer and those of us with cancer have a better quality of life.
Deadline to complete the survey is Dec 14, 2018.

Advocacy is a big part of influencing what we experience to,day for ourselves, and what will be in place for cancer care for our children and grandchildren tomorrow. 

Have a wonderful evening,
ashcon

Re: Help modernize Canada’s cancer plan with #30MinutesThat Matter

Posted by LPPK on Nov 1, 2018 11:59 am

Thank you ashcon‍ for mentioning this survey.  By giving voice to my experiences with the current cancer system I feel my personal experience will help to improve Canada;s Cancer plan.

Posted by Peony on Nov 1, 2018 12:54 pm

Thanks Ashcon, I think that taking the survey will make a difference!

Posted by Runner Girl on Nov 2, 2018 3:17 pm

I completed the survey last night.  Hopefully, with help from all of us, this things can only get better!

Posted by Elsie13 on Nov 2, 2018 8:06 pm

I took the survey this afternoon.  30 minutes?  Well it took me more like 50 minutes, but when ever there was a box to type in, I often typed 4 or 5 sentences, or maybe more. I hope they get lots of responses.

Posted by ACH2015 on Nov 3, 2018 12:58 pm

Hey ashcon‍ 

Ann,

Thanks for sharing this important survey.

I gladly filled it out - and pointed out where improvements are needed in cancer care based on my experiences.

I hope others realize how simple it is to get your voice out there and do so.

Thanks

ACH2015 - Andy.

Posted by Essjay on Nov 4, 2018 6:07 pm

Thanks for sharing - it's good to have a chance to contribute

Posted by NannaM on Nov 5, 2018 10:00 am

Great thread! Important to have our say as patients! Thankyou!

Share with your friends: