+ Reply
a new scananxiety
Roy L.
152 Posts
We have all dealt with the time before a new scan being nerve wracking, #scaniexty. But after having rib pain for over a week and talking to the appointment coordinator at the cancer ctr twice, I still do not have an appointment for a bone scan. CT appointment was no problem, but there seems to be a back log with bone scans. That sucks and is getting a little concerning. I know a few days wont make much of a difference but after ignoring all the signs 2+ years ago and being told I had advanced PCa, I dont want to wait it out.

Frustrated and venting but trying to smile.

Roy
Pece Love Cure
6 Replies
S2020
157 Posts
Hi Roy L.‍,

Waiting is unbelievably difficult and even more so in these circumstances. I am sorry you are going through this. I hope you get an appointment for the bone scan soon with the best possible outcome for both the bone scan and the CT scan.

In the meantime, I hope you can enjoy time with Harley and other activities while you wait. We are here for you!
Kims1961
2060 Posts
Thank you for your post as it will help others out there who are in the same boat.

Waiting maybe the most difficult part of this cancer journey. Getting results - whether difficult or good news - gives us knowledge and empowerment. The waiting for tests and then waiting for results can seem like forever.

I hope you can find some fun distraction things to do. Even - trying to smile can be a first step.

We are here. Kim
Buddy65
57 Posts
I had a bunch of scans yesterday ... brain, chest and abdomen plus an echocardiogram and scananxiety is a real thing. I have also had the type you are referring to before I was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast cancer with liver mets.

It was just over a year ago when I knew something was wrong with my breast ... you just know. But because of covid I could not get a mammogram. I also didn't have a family doctor, since I never needed one before, so I had to do a lot of running around to make things happen. But it wasn't until the end of June when I finally had my mammogram. My cancer is very aggressive so I often wonder if I had my mammogram in March instead of waiting almost 4 months would I maybe have been diagnosed stage 3 instead of stage 4. I will never know but it haunts me.

My point is .... do whatever you have to do to get your bone scan. It is your life and you need to be the squeaky wheel. If you want it then make it happen.
Trillium
1053 Posts
Roy L.‍ - I hope you can get your scan sooner than later.

Hugs if they help while you wait.
Roy L.
152 Posts
Buddy65‍ Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, it is so hard not to drive yourself crazy with the what ifs. Glad to hear you are getting what you need for a proper dianosis and I wish you the very best. You are right, we are all our own best advocate.

Take care and be safe.
Roy
Roy L.
152 Posts
Trillium‍ Thank you and I will take all the hugs I can get. 😁
+ Reply