CLL Symptoms

CLL Symptoms

Posted by ChristopherE on Dec 15, 2017 1:00 am

I was diagnosed with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) nearly 3 years ago. I'm in the Watch & Wait phase. My blood cell counts have been hovering just above normal and staying relatively stable. I don't think I have developed any symptoms related to the CLL, but not entirely sure. My fitness level has dropped off these last 3 years, but that could also be related to reaching the magic 50 years of age! This past year I developed a bulging disc. It's been a royal pain in the #@* (literally!) and has taken me out of most physical activities for 2017. I doubt the disc is related to CLL, but it did appear out of nowhere. Is there anyone who would like to share their history of symptoms with CLL? I'm trying to get a picture of what I could possibly expect. Thanks

Re: CLL Symptoms

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Dec 15, 2017 11:05 am

ChristopherE‍ 

Welcome to the community! Glad you found us! I hope you are able to connect with others here :)
Here is a list of others who have identified they had leukemia in their profiles.

Sorry to hear about your bulging disc. Have you been able to do any physio? How often are you seen and monitored for your CLL?

Lacey

Re: CLL Symptoms

Posted by ChristopherE on Dec 18, 2017 11:20 am

Thanks for replying Lacey. I've had good physio support and lately I've been trying pilates which has seemd to help a bit.

I get my blood tested once every 3 months. I see my GP once or twice a year and I've seen the hematologist twice.