Leukemia

Leukemia

Posted by Hsmer1(AML) on Nov 1, 2017 6:34 am

This should have a category IMO but since I’m still here I wont complain about it too much. I have been blessed enough to make it through 4 months of in hospital chemo and Im now improving in rehab. I had no idea it would take so long to recover from the chemo side effects. I’m glad they did their job and now I have my work cut out for me to get strong again. Family and friends helped me a lot. Fantastic medical staff did as well and continue to do so. The only thing I did was take one more step

Re: Leukemia

Posted by ACH2015 on Nov 1, 2017 7:00 am

Hi Hsmer1(AML)‍ 

Take your time getting strong and recovering. I had 6 rounds of chemo that ended in December 2016 and I like many others still have lingering side effects. We all recover at different rates - so don't be surprised if it takes a while.

Good to hear you have friends and family supports! Very important all the way down the road.

Keep well

ACH2015

Posted by Hsmer1(AML) on Nov 1, 2017 7:37 am

Thanks ACH2015‍ 

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Nov 1, 2017 12:44 pm

You're right Hsmer1(AML)‍ it should have it's own category! Hopefully we can change that up in the near future.

Glad you're here and glad you posted anyway!

congrats on completing your treatment. Great to hear you are doing rehab. Was it something the oncologist reffered you for?

We are happy to have you here to share your experience and journey!

Lacey

Posted by Hsmer1(AML) on Nov 1, 2017 2:52 pm

Yes referred to exercise program through U of W. Very good with fatigue, strength, and support of other patients with every kind of issue. Good to meet others in the same scenario.