Vitamin D insufficiency and prognosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemia

Vitamin D insufficiency and prognosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemia

Posted by lisaswpg on Dec 21, 2016 7:31 am

http://www.bloodjournal.org/content/117/5/1492?sso-checked=true

because we live in Canada , and unless we are not normally supplementing with vitamin d, there is a higher likelihood of cancer PERIOD! in my impatience to find something to assist myself and the betterment of my health( and waiting to be staged next thursday) i found this article. i felt i would be remiss to not share it with you all - even if you do NOT have CLL. i haven't been taking vitamin d/calcium in the past - but i most definitely started today and will continue to do so. it's worth a shot!!

The effect of 25(OH)D insufficiency on cancer outcome may be particularly relevant in CLL because it is a disease with a long natural history and patients are often observed for years prior to the initiation of therapy. Future studies dissecting the mechanism(s) through which the vitamin D pathway influences leukemogenesis, host immunity, and leukemia cell biology are needed and may provide insight into the mechanisms of disease progression that identify potential therapeutic strategies. Future trials evaluating the impact of vitamin D repletion in CLL patients with documented 25(OH)D insufficiency are needed to determine whether this strategy improves outcome in patients with CLL.

good health and healing to you all - Lisa

Re: Vitamin D insufficiency and prognosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemia

Posted by JDD on Dec 27, 2016 6:11 am

cannabis is the way to go.....boosts appatite,sleep with no pills,function normally,takes away th pain for me....I have cll and have beat 2 types of skin cancer also.....in remission now for over a year.....the 2 tumours were cut out from under my scalp.....now i have shingles and my left hip to my foot go numb all the time beat 3 cancers so far but i hate getting up and going to bed because I have been in pain for a hellish 3 years.....hang in there and pray each day......is working for me....look into cannabis