CLL

CLL

Posted by Blazin on Sep 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Hello all I haven't been on here in few months hope everyone is staying strong and giving it all you have to defeat this disease. On September 8th I turned 46 been battling CLL since I was 40 with no chemotherapy that could put me in remission because of the 17p deletion gene . Woke up Monday and first thing I had to do was go see my oncologist, this. being my birthday I was hoping for the best gift I could get. I was hoping for news that this new drug I started on was helping. I have a little more energy and a lot less fatigue which is great. In more pain now than before I started new drug. WBC keeps going up but it's to be expected on this drug so Doc's not to concerned yet. So it wasn't the gift I was hoping for but I'm not getting any worse and I'll take it. If this drug stops working the way it is there is no other hope the doc says, then he remembers who he's talking to was told twice last year i should have been gone twice. I'm stubborn strong and full of hope and I won't lay down to this disease. I know when my time comes it was on my terms with my fight and determination that I won and it didn't. I hope, no I want everyone to do the same be determined and fight and you will win keep that in your mind and you can't lose. It's been a long hard battle and I'm winning. Here is a little quote I like : To die pointlessly is bitter The idea of having to die without having lived is unbearable. All the best Blazin Keep living.

Re: CLL

Posted by Nicole_admin on Sep 15, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi Blazin, thank you for your words of encouragement and support to our community members. It's nice to see you back on our community, and I look forward to reading your future posts! 
smiley

All the best,
Nicole

Re: CLL

Posted by Wanderful on Sep 28, 2014 6:39 am

Great attitude! I don't plan on dying of cancer, I'm going to die of old age or bungee jumping. I'm scare of heights but if ever a doctor says " that's all we can do" I'm off to find that giant rubber band to tie to my ankles. Wanda