CLL

CLL

Posted by moe on Jul 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Newly diagnosed, interested in hearing from others with this condition

RE: CLL

Posted by Karma on Feb 11, 2012 8:31 pm

I was diagnosed with CLL last Oct.  I am in Rai stage 0.  No treatment for me at the moment.  They call it "watchful waiting".  I don't feel sick at all.  Found this out from random blood test.  I am not really good at waiting so just need to talk

Posted by Janet_admin on Feb 14, 2012 11:54 am

I'm so glad you found us. As you are newly diagnosed you probably  have many,  many questions.  On our What's it say on Cancer.Ca we have a blog called Newly Diagnosed Patients that provides some helpful tips and resources, as it can be a very lonely and bewildering time. 

I'm sure others reading this thread will have further words of encouragement and first-hand experiences to share with you.

Stay in touch.

Janet

Posted by Karma on Feb 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Thank you Janet  I know at this time my cancer is not so bad but sometime I just need to talk.  I am scared I have 7 grand children  and one on the way.  I have a great grad daughter comming this year too.  I hope to be there for them all for a very long time yet.

Posted by on Feb 16, 2012 2:02 pm

Hello Karma,
Welcome to the community :)
It was not that long ago that I was new to this site either....anyways I am a one year survivor of non hodgkins diffused b cell large cell lymphoma (another type of cancer) I was diagnosed with it right before christmas 2010. I spent two weeks in the hospital (over christmas) having  sudden symptoms (which had appeared prior to my admittance and diagnosis) treated and wait for word of the cause of the symptoms. I was diagnosed a few days before I was discharged. I then went through six months of treatment and doctors appointments. Waiting for a diagnosis and then treatment was hard but while waiting I realized that if I did not think about it and instead thought about other things or kept myself busy that the waiting became easier to handle (this idea also helped me through treatment) :)

Posted by Karma on Feb 19, 2012 8:21 am

Hello Criminal Minds
I have been trying hard to do the same , just really keep myself busy and to think about other things.  Some days I seem to find harder then others, but I am sure we all have those days.
Thank You very much for the adivice. 

Re: CLL

Posted by JDD on Dec 28, 2016 7:56 am

I was diagnosed 3 years ago with CLL and 2 types of skin cancer.................In remission for a year now and had 2 tumours removed fro under my scalp