+ Reply
2nd bi-annual check-up; endometrial cancer
supersu
1477 Posts

@lola1969:
i had my second bi-annual checkup today after my endometrial cancer diagnosis a little i over a year ago and subsequent brachytherapy.
Doctor says that I am likely
find but ordering a lot of extra tests…
i am at once happy to have proper care but at the same time worried because the last time wasn’t. any concerns?
also don’t want to worry loved ones so keeping it to myself…so sorry to vent here but glad to have maybe some that get it?

5 Replies
Catlover
33 Posts
My experience is that the oncologists are very careful in followup not to miss something. So think of the tests as being extra sure. And thinking about the results, does not benefit us, so better to be hopeful or at least neutral. I find my followup visits trigger emotions. I do some extra self-care before and after them.

And please vent. I know how sometimes we don’t want to worry others unnecessarily.

Jojo1
15 Posts

@supersu
I have endometrial cancer also. Just finished 3 chemo. Going to start radiation in little over a week. When they did the last cat scan the nodes were gome, which the doctor said was good chemo worked. But now I have 25 days of radiatio. I am a little nervous about it. I have to stay at a lodge beside the hospital, since I live a ways from it. Did u have to have radiation?
jojo1

Catlover
33 Posts
Yes I had 5 weeks of radiation too. You are at the radiation location for less than 1/2 hour. It is a quick procedure. I found it had cumulative effects, so I was much more tired in the last week of radiation.
supersu
1477 Posts

@Jojo1
am tagging @lola1969 to ensure she sees this.
I just copied and pasted her post!

supersu
1477 Posts

@Catlover
I am tagging @lola1969 to ensure she sees this.
I just copied and pasted her post!

+ Reply