Vaginal cancer surgery

Vaginal cancer surgery

Posted by Pokie on Nov 16, 2016 12:21 pm

Has anyone had vaginal surgery and reconstruction surgery of the vagina?  I will be going in for either a partial or full removal of the vagina.  Interested in others experiences with this. Is the reconstruction worth it?  Fears of partial removal and then more recuring. 

Re: Vaginal cancer surgery

Posted by MaddyKnits on May 25, 2017 11:42 am

I was diagnosed just recently in April 2017 as having a rare type of vulvar cancer.  The surgery I got was supposed to be just to remove the lumps and some ulcerated skin tissues, however the OBGYN surgeon removed over half of the outside of the vaginal walls..a partial vulvectomy.  He wanted to do it right away because the growths looked malignant to him..just by visual..so he knew right away that I was dealing with maligant lumps.  I suffer from a skin disorder called "lichen sclerosus"..an autoimune disorder which was the reason my cancer started.  I am in the beginning stages of this fight for my life..just turned 60.

I am scheduled for more surgery to try and stop the spread of this invasive cancer...so just to let you know, even though it's not as popular as breast cancer...it's still part of a woman's body..at least it helped me give birth to my three children..now adults in their 20's and 30's.  Hope it goes well for you...you are not alone.

Re: Vaginal cancer surgery

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on May 26, 2017 10:28 am

Pokie‍