Gallbladder cancer spread to the liver

Gallbladder cancer spread to the liver

Posted by Nic on Jun 18, 2020 12:43 am

Hi guys, my mum was recently diagnosed with gallbladder cancer. There is tumours in the liver and could be something in the pancreas. She lives in Ireland and I am flying home this weekend. She is still waiting for a liver biopsy. Tomorrow she is having a stent put in. She was told surgery is not an option. Anyone have an information/experience with any of the above? I am expecting the worst.
Thanks,
Nichola 

Re: Gallbladder cancer spread to the liver

Posted by Brighty on Jun 18, 2020 8:00 am

Nic‍ welcome.   So sorry about your mom's cancer.   I'm going to connect  you with Inez‍  whose mom also has gallbladder cancer.     
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Posted by FaLondon on Jul 27, 2020 4:24 am

Hello,

i’m sorry to hear about your mothers diagnosis. I too went through a similar situation with my late 48 year old mother who was diagnosed with stage 4 gallbladder cancer back in June 2018. This started from abdominal pain from gallstones and doctors were quite late to detect that it is cancer, went through cycles of chemo which helped to keep it stable however my mum emotionally and physically could not continue with it after about 4/5 months so we paused and tried alternative hypothermia treatments in Germany. However this did not help, and she passed away in October 2019, however every person is different and my mother also had a cousin brother who was diagnosed with the exact condition a few months before her and he outlived my mother by around 6 months, whilst on chemo he had an infection and caught covid 19 whilst on hospital which led to his demise however he did cope very well with the cancer treatment and had gone into remission at a point. If you would like any more further detail please do let me know, i’ll be happy to dig deeper might take a revision of my mother’s medical notes.

Posted by FaLondon on Jul 27, 2020 4:24 am

To add, i’m based in London, UK.

Posted by Shawrett on Sep 15, 2020 8:53 am

Hi Nic‍ 

I was diagnosed in August 2019 with pancreatic cancer. The cancer is actually in the bile duct. I had the Whipple procedure done in November 2019 and followed up with a course of chemotherapy. In the spring of this year they noticed a couple of lesions on my liver which have grown. There is no more in the pancreas which is a good sign but now I’m on a different chemo To get the liver under control. I’m very optimistic that I will be able to continue with treatment and the tumour stop growing.

I believe mine actually started when my gallbladder was removed and I think they forgot or left a stone in the bile duct which I have been told is common. Of course they will not say that is true. I have also been told that surgery on my liver is not possible as the spots on her all over the liver but I can survive with cancer and treatments once they get the liver under control. That’s my hope as I have lots to live for, I am only 59 and have lots that I want to do and see. The chemo I am on right now it’s not as bad as what I was on for the pancreatic. I have good days and bad days but I can honestly say I have more good days.

Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions.

Jo

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Sep 15, 2020 9:18 am

Great to hear from you Shawrett‍. So glad to hear you are having more good days than bad and the chemo isn't as tough this time.

I appreciate you sharing to help others,

Lacey