+ Reply
Dedifferentiated Liposarcoma
PattiF
8 Posts
My husband has been diagnosed with dediffere tiated liposarcoma. Our journey with this cancer started back in March. We live in Northern Ontario but have been referred to the Toronto Sarcoma Program. So far we have travelled back and forth for consultations and scans but expect to be leaving in a week or two for a 5-6 week stay for radiation treatments. After that a two month break then surgery.

Many stresses with travelling, wondering where to stay, the radiation itself and of course the surgery. I expect there hasn't been too many people on this site with this type of sarcoma because of its rareness but if anyone has had experience with this disease, I'd like to hear your journey. Thank you.
3 Replies
ACH2015
2484 Posts

Hi @PattiF

Contact the Toronto hospital (social worker department) to seek out a list of accommodations close by that cancer patients get discounted rates. Also there are cancer lodges that offer discounted pricing for patients and their families. Call the Canadian Cancer Society at 1 888 939 3333, tell them where your husband is getting treatment and ask if there are any discounted options for you.

Hope this helps

Keep well

ACH2015

PattiF
8 Posts

@ACH2015
Thanks for your advice. We did find lodging through Princess Margaret Lodge. Treatments start this Tuesday - happy things are moving.

Needles4ewe
42 Posts

@PattiF
Can you explain what liposarcoma is? My husband has a huge lump on his thigh and after an MRI in Barrie, has been referred to a surgeon at Mt Sinai. They are calling it a Sarcoma lesion. that's all we know.

+ Reply