FDA Grants SP-2577 Fast Track Status for Ewing Sarcoma, and Clinical Trial of SP-2577 (Seclide...

FDA Grants SP-2577 Fast Track Status for Ewing Sarcoma, and Clinical Trial of SP-2577 (Seclidemstat) in Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Ewing Sarcoma.

Posted by ACH2015 on Dec 28, 2019 4:34 pm

MellybeanMChildChristineHdecesased‍ , I found this and thought it worth sharing with all of you:

From OncLive December 23 2019:

The FDA has granted fast track designation to the potent reversible LSD1 inhibitor SP-2577 (seclidemstat) for the treatment of relapsed/refractory patients with Ewing sarcoma.

Currently, the agent is being evaluated in an ongoing, open-label, nonrandomized phase I trial (NCT03600649) in patients with Ewing sarcoma. In the study, researchers are aiming to find an optimal dose of SP-2577 using an accelerated dose-escalation followed by a conventional 3+3 dose escalation phase, in an effort to reach the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD). A total 50 patients will be enrolled until April 2020.

Read the Article:

https://onclive.cmail20.com/t/j-l-cdldylt-jtokklkkr-u/b

Also, this is the clinical trial that is currently in process in many states in the U.S.A.

Clinical Trial of SP-2577 (Seclidemstat) in Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Ewing Sarcoma

Normally, I don't post about USA specific trials or drug approvals, but this is a huge breakthrough if you suffer from Ewing Sarcoma.

Please share this amongst others as well. I remember many of you mentioning FB and other groups for Ewing's and this could come in handy today or down the road.

I contacted the principal investigator (listed in the clinical trial information) and unfortunately the trial or drug is not being conducted or used in Canada yet. However, the principal investigator did say that Canadians can participate in the U.S. trials if they qualify.

I hope this helps you, or others you are aware of.

ACH2015

Re: FDA Grants SP-2577 Fast Track Status for Ewing Sarcoma, and Clinical Trial of SP-2577 (Seclidemstat) in Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Ewing Sarcoma.

Posted by ChristineH on Dec 28, 2019 9:08 pm

Thank you for sharing! This is great news. I will share it on FB. 
“Never a horse, always a zebra”