Bladder Cancer

Bladder Cancer

Posted by davieskk on Mar 28, 2019 3:53 pm

Looking for more information about surgery after chemo cycles. I don't know what I'm looking at or what problems that occur after surgery that the Doctors don't tell you.

Re: Bladder Cancer

Posted by Elizabeth06 on Mar 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi davieskk‍ 
welcome to Cancerconnections.  
If you go to the top of the page, right hand side and use the search function to look up bladder cancer, you will find several threads/discussions and can join in any of these you find relate to your circumstances.  You can “tag” other members by typing the @ sign and then typing the user name, no spaces. Several names will pop up and you can click on the user you hope to connect with.
i have added a link
http://www.cancer.ca/en/search/?q=Bladder+cancer from the Cancer.ca website.
i am a breast cancer patient, so, no personal knowledge of what you are dealing with, but, you will find this a safe place, full of knowledgeable people offering support.
wishing you well

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Mar 28, 2019 6:22 pm

davieskk‍ 

Hello and thank you for posting. 
I am going to tag a few of our members who have or have had bladder cancer to see if they can share their experience with you.
June BugjwhallDaveBTRon B‍  - do you have anything you can share with davieskk‍ ?

I am also including some more info from cancer,ca here: http://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-information/cancer-type/bladder/bladder-cancer/?region=on

Feel free to use this space to ask questions or vent. That's what we're here for

Lianne

Posted by June Bug on Mar 28, 2019 7:26 pm

Sorry, I am dealing with pancreatic cancer.

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Mar 28, 2019 7:48 pm

My apologies June Bug‍ . Your profile lists both bladder and pancreatic.

I appreciate your timely response just the same

thank you
Lianne

Posted by Winterkill on Mar 29, 2019 12:11 am

June Bug‍ ‍ 

my husband was diagnosed with stage four metatastic pancreatic cancer.  I am so sorry for your diagnosis. 

my husband starts palliative chemo next week. He hasn't even looked at anything the oncology team has given in regards to the drugs etc. I am sure he's still in denial. What has your treatment entailed and how are you fairing.

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Mar 29, 2019 9:18 am

Winterkill‍ I see you’re fairly new to the site, and I’m sorry to read that your husband may be in denial about all of this. I am caregiver for my father, who went through lung cancer. I see you’ve signed up for some groups, and wanted to let you know there is also a group for caregivers that may be helpful to you as well.

I encourage you to do as much self-care as you help your husband through this.  Part of that self-care might include talking to someone at your local cancer centre to learn some strategies to help you help your husband as he grapples with his situation (which is also your situation - it affects you, too, as you well know.) If I can offer any help in regard to caregiving, do contact me.

davieskk‍ , I may be on the wrong track here, and the doctors will tell you this, but be careful not to over exert yourself after your surgery. The man I know who had bladder surgery didn’t have any chemo, but he did have follow-up cystoscope every 3 month for several years, and is now on annual testing.
“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying

Posted by WBCumm on Apr 2, 2019 5:30 pm

Hey- davieskk‍ 

I didn't have bladder cancer but my cancer was in the same vicinity, that is, the lower torso (I had cancer of the anal canal).  Our experiences may be similar, although I didn't have surgery.

I underwent simultaneous chemo and radiation treatments, which were bad enough.  But it was the side effects of the treatments that plagued me for months afterwards.  I wish I had reached out for support earlier.

What's your treatment plan?

Brock C