Introduction

Introduction

Posted by J Dickenson on Jun 16, 2018 7:07 am

Hi my name is Jim and I have metastasized bladder cancer.  I am 68 years old married with children.  I had my bladder removed 2 1/2 years ago and now have a tumor in my lung which has been diagnosed as stage 4.  I have had this for over a year.  Would love to talk to someone you is in stage 4 cancer as I struggling with dealing with all the questions in my head that no one can seem to answer

Re: Introduction

Posted by LPPK on Jun 18, 2018 10:35 am

Hi J Dickenson‍ I am sorry to hear of your recurrence of cancer but you have come to the right place for information and support.  
Two Canadian Cancer Society booklets that might be helpful are Lung Cancer  and Advanced Cancer

Under the Group button on the upper right there is a group called Living with Advanced cancer  which you can join. I am sure they have answers to some of your questions or can point you in the right direction.

As well Under the Discussions button on the top left, you can search for Type 4 lung cancer (top right) and there are many threads that might be helpful.

jorola‍ is a community member whose husband has lung cancer. She would be a great resource person.

Keep us posted on how you are doing Jim.

Posted by jorola on Jun 18, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi J Dickenson‍ 
I am very sorry to hear of your recurrence. If I am understanding you correctly and it is metastatic cancer from your previous bladder cancer this would be actually bladder cancer in your lungs and not actually lung cancer. Unless it was a new primary cancer. Regardless it is cancer. LPPK‍  has directed you to an excellent part of the site - Living with Advanced Cancer  

There you can connect with others in advanced stages of cancer. I encourage you to start your own post/thread/discussion. There are a lot of questions you must have. Some topics probably pretty tough to talk about,some stuff that people don't even want to hear. It is hard when you want and even need to talk but you can't find someone willing to hear you. Well now you have someone. Many someones. Welcome to the site. Know that we are here to listen, talk or just walk beside you (albeit virtually) on your journey.

Jodie
Live, Laugh, Love

Posted by ssgirl on Jun 19, 2018 7:58 pm

J Dickenson‍ , my husband also has metastatic bladder cancer, diagnosed just over a year ago.  He is the same age as you and has been through radiation and chemo, palliative treatment for it.  He is now on immunotherapy infusions, Keytruda, and is looking and feeling so much better than one year ago.  He has a tumour in his vertebrae and a couple of small lung tumours.  Tomorrow is the first scan since beginning the Keytruda and we will get the results on Monday.  I am hopeful as he is looking so good.  The oncologist has ordered 12 Keytruda treatments, he has had 5.  Such an improvement since the immunotherapy started.  Surgery was not an option due to the spread of disease.  It has been a difficult year but now I do have a sliver of hope.  Perhaps you can find out if you are eligible for immunotherapy.  It seems from recent posts that others have also had good results with Keytruda.  Good luck, hang in there.