Bladder cancer

Bladder cancer

Posted by Warriorprincess on Aug 18, 2016 11:10 am

Hi, I am newly diagnosed . After 29 agonizing days I received a diagnosis of aggressive bladder cancer. I do not see a specific category for this type of cancer. Please connect with me so I can learn and understand more.
Scared s***less

Compassion has no limit , kindness has no enemy

Re: Bladder cancer

Posted by keepositive on Nov 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Hello Warriorprincess, My name is Cindy.   I just read your post as I was also trying to find a conversation on bladder cancer.   Two weeks ago I was advised that I have urothelial cells carcinoma - which in my terms spells bladder cancer.   I am scheduled for a CT scan in two days and I am trying INCREDIBLY hard to remain positive.   This is something totally new not only to me, but to my vocabulary as I have never even heard of this type before.    I have been doing research and more research, however, not too sure which direction life will be taking me as of yet - at least until after I get the results from my CT scan. I see your post is from August of this year - what steps or procedures have the doctors taken in terms of treatment for you up to this point?   How are you feeling?   Do you have a strong support system around you to help you remain positive?   Sending you ENORMOUS HUGS.......hope you hear back from you!

Posted by Warriorprincess on Nov 28, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi Cindy 
My name is Liz aka warriorprince. Life has sure been a ride since August . I had a cystscope in September, after 30 horrible days I met again with my urologist, diagnosed with aggressive bladder cancer. What I didn't realize was that he had removed the cancer during that surgery

Posted by Warriorprincess on Nov 28, 2016 3:05 pm

Cindy, bladder cancer.ca  tons of information there, I dont go on this site too frequently

Posted by gordr on Oct 11, 2017 11:48 am

So I have had three groups of treatments of BCG and the cancer came back and is T1 high risk. Sounds like the best option now is removal. Looking for some feedback.

Posted by Elsie13 on Oct 13, 2017 6:14 pm

HI gordr‍ .  I had ovarian cancer so I don't know about this.  I do know, from hanging around this forum, that sometimes two people appear to have the same diagnosis, but their treatments are very different.  The best thing to do, is talk to your oncologist again - explain that  you have more questions.  You can even ask for a second opinion.   I think you were in touch with Warriorprincess‍ and maybe keepositive‍ is still joining in the discussions?    
In 2016: diagnosed with stage 2 ovarian cancer. Treatment: hysterectomy, chemo, radiation. Afterwards: No Evidence of Disease!

Posted by Warriorprincess on Oct 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Hi gordr‍ , I am sorry that you had to do BCG treatments 3 times, that is so draining and hard on your system ! I can't answer questions about bladder removal, but a few of our other members livingwithbladdercancer‍ might be able to answer a few of your questions. Also , bladdercancer.ca is a excellent source of information. Always here, so if I can help in anyway please don't be afraid to ask ! If you want to chat privately, just send a friend request . Here to listen smiley