BLADDER, LYMPH NODES, PROSTATE REMOVED

BLADDER, LYMPH NODES, PROSTATE REMOVED

Posted by sammy72 on Jun 11, 2014 5:25 am

Sep 2013, severe bleeding from the bladder.  Cysto, tumors found in the bladder.  A TURBT was done.  Pathology report::  "CARCINOMA IN SITU",  An aggressive stage 3 tumor on the wall of the bladder.  3 months of chemotherapy with some minor side effects, followed by the removal of the bladder, lymph nodes and prostate.  Surgery done 26 May 2014.  Recovering at the moment and doing very well.  More reports to follow and I hope I will not need chemo again.  I hope to be cancer free and resume a normal life.  It was quite a journey.  SAMMY

Re: BLADDER, LYMPH NODES, PROSTATE REMOVED

Posted by gordr on Oct 11, 2017 8:01 pm

maybe similar situation keep me posted

Posted by gordr on Oct 11, 2017 8:07 pm

doc prescribed a similar path but I am afraid that the cancer will spread during the chemo and wonder if the removal is better done right away. Thoughts?

Posted by Warriorprincess on Oct 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Hey gordr‍ , i am Liz aka warriorprincess . I too have bladder cancer, I so get it! So what's happening , what coarse of treatment are we talking about ? I will be happy to answer questions if I can .... let me know . Here for you !
Compassion has no limit , kindness has no enemy

Posted by gordr on Oct 12, 2017 7:46 pm

So I am seeing the urologist Monday and need to decide on bcg again with interferon or Chemo or bladder removal. I would like to determine first if the cancer is isolated to the bladder before I decide on what to do. Of course I want to live a happy life with my wife on retirement so what course of action can I take as I doo have some discomfort on my left side but think I had a CT scan 2 years ago that was OK. What are your thoughts?

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Mar 6, 2018 10:42 am

How are you doing gordr‍ ? Did you decide on treatment?