+ Reply
High grade cell changes on Pap test, with symptoms
Alysha90
2 Posts
I went in for my first pap smear at 32 (not smart I know) because I was having bleeding after sex, followed by spotting for a few weeks, followed by heavy bleeding with clots on and off for a month. When I got my results back it said I have HSIL which is high grade cell changes. I had an ultrasound as well that came back saying that the bleeding was coming from a vascular area in my cervix. I don't have my colposcopy for another month and a half, and I am terrified I am going to have late stage incurable cancer. Has anyone else had a similar experience and turned out to be fine? I am terrified because I have 2 little girls I have to take care of and I am so scared of leaving them.
2 Replies
Whitelilies
2745 Posts

@Alysha90 Hello Alysha and welcome from ON! So glad you reached out to us. We are here, to listen and share our experiences, and support each other.

My first thoughts to share with you are……Whoah!! Please “hold”…….as the saying goes: “Dont put the cart, before the horse”.

You dont have any diagnosis…..please dont “imagine” late stage cancer/incurable…..please DO focus on the here AND now. Keep your girls schedule intact…..keep them busy….keep yourself busy….get outdoors/with them….keep active and healthy.

If there is any way…try to reach the Dr/ofc who booked your Colposcopy…..tell them to put you on the cancellation list…..say you are able to go on ANY date/earlier date……ensure they have your correct contact number/cell/etc….be findable!

Try NOT to visit Dr Google….it is not your friend….it is outdated…

For HSIL - they will simply remove abnormal tissue. Ask when you get results? Who will give you results? write down any questions you have….you will feel more prepared.

We really do understand…that waiting is challenging, and stressful….we all wait; for tests….for test results….for appts for results….for surgery….etc….the list goes on! SO: we must all “learn” to wait!

Lean On Us Alysha!

Regards

Whitelilies

#waitingistheWORST

Alysha90
2 Posts

@Whitelilies
Thank you :) I know I am getting ahead of myself, and I shouldn't. It's because I was googling at first (which I know I shouldn't) and it said you only bleed and have back pain in the later stages so I convinced myself I have late stage cancer. I will try to keep myself busy in the meantime. I wish I could put myself on the cancellation list to, but I live about 30 minutes from the nearest hospital in a smaller town, and my husband is at work with the car all day so it's not really possible to get in there if they have a cancellation.

+ Reply