+ Reply
CT Results ~ It’s Cancer
D’Rocker
12 Posts

Hi Everyone,

My doctor called me Friday a the end of the day. He had received the report from the chest CT that I had had Tuesday, I also received a copy and we went over it.

FINDINGS:

2 spiculated nodules are seen in the apical segment of the right upper lobe, one sub plural spiculated nodule measuring 1.6 x 1.6 cm and a second just adjacent to this measuring 1.7 x 1.4 cm.

Subpleural nodule in the middle lobe measuring 3mm.

Multiple enlarged mediastinal nodes, the largest being a precarinal node measuring 1.3cm, aortopulmonary node measuring 0.8, subcarinal node measuring 1.1cm right hilar node measuring 1.2cm.

Multiple smaller nodes are scattered throughout the mediastinum superiorly.

CONCLUSION:

Two right upper pulmonary nodules as described with associated mediastinal and hilar lymphadenopathy.

The differential diagnosis includes a primary malignancy with a satellite or metastatic disease with the former more likely given the location of the nodules.

An urgent respirology opinion is recommended.

Next Step?

I am being referred to a thoratic surgeon to schedule a biopsy. He said that we need to determine it it’s a lung cancer or if it started elsewhere and spread to lungs and lymph nodes.

4 Replies
Runner Girl
3153 Posts

@D’Rocker
Well, good that you have a diagnosis. Now they will come up with a treatment plan and things will get going.

I'm going to introduce you to @Kuching

She is Stage 4 lung cancer and spends a lot of time hiking and outdoors. It doesn't slow her down.

Kuching
459 Posts
@D’Rocker
Well, this ain’t your first rodeo, so you already know that the waiting for tests and results really sucks! Once that biopsy is done, things will be a lot clearer. And if it is lung cancer, well, that’s no longer a death sentence, more like a chronic disease. I have been stage 4 for 3 1/2 years, and as @runner girl said, I’m still hiking and kayaking and pretty much leading a normal life. I just turned 74. So hang in there, and let us know when you get more results, so we can hook you up with people on a similar path. Hugs from Ontario!
D’Rocker
12 Posts

@Runner Girl
Thank you for replying to my message and for introducing me to @Kuching

It will be good to have a plan, an idea of what’s to come 🙂

D’Rocker
12 Posts

@Kuching
Your message is so inspiring, thank you for sharing.

I know I’m just at the beginning of this journey but to hear your experience has already made me feel hopeful. It can feel very overwhelming, I would love to connect with others who are walking the same path.

Thanks again,

Carrie

+ Reply