+ Reply
Benign Nodules - Grow?
Drock
8 Posts

Hi,

I’m trying to understand something…

I have two nodules in my right lung, waiting for a CT scan. One is 12mm, the other is 16mm.

If benign nodules either do not grow or if they do grow, they grow at a very slow rate, how did they get to 12mm and 16mm?

What size do they start out as? Can they just appear at that size?

I hope the question makes sense.

Thanks,

Carrie

6 Replies
Runner Girl
3153 Posts

@Drock
I'm going to tag our knowledgeable @WestCoastSailor to see if he can address your queries.

Drock
8 Posts

@Runner Girl

thanks runner Girl, so the question makes sense then 😉

Runner Girl
3153 Posts

@Drock
It does.

Meantime maybe peruse the Lung Cancer Forums to see if you can find any information: https://cancerconnection.ca/discussions/viewcategory/68

@Drock

Hello

I think I understand your question. I'm just not sure if us, as non medical professionals, can completely answer your question.

Here is some information from www.cancer.ca on lung tumours for both benign and malignant that may be helpful for some context:

Benign

Malignant

and this on how cancer starts and grows

Do you have a date yet for your CT scan? Followup with a Dr?

Lianne

Drock
8 Posts

@Lianne_Moderator

Hi Lianne,

Simplified, the question is, if benign nodules do not grow, how do they get to the size they become. I was just curious, thought maybe someone else had been curious about it and could maybe explain it.

Thank you for the info, I’ll take a look at it.

Yes, I have a CT scan on Nov. 8th, so not too far now.

Carrie

@Drock
Thank you for your reply. Benign tumours do grow albeit slowly as you had mentioned earlier. While you wait to speak to a medical provider, you may want to check in with our Cancer Information Helpline too at 1-888-939-3333 to see if they can answer your question.

Wishing you well for your Nov 8th appointment.

Lianne

+ Reply