+ Reply
Spotting
seddah
18 Posts

Hi. I haven't been on here in a long time. I was diagnosed with stage 1 endometrial cancer last year on August 12th. I had a full hysterectomy on November 16, 2021. I just woke up and I'm spotting. I'm so terrified right now. I've emailed my doctor, but it's 5am.

Is this normal? Is this how it comes back?

4 Replies
Jlo
246 Posts

@seddah I had that too right after I finished my chemo treatments and I had gone to the dentist. (Stage 4). I saw my gp right away and he took swabs and it turned out to be nothing. Good thing you are checking it out. Hope for the best. Joan

@seddah I'm glad to hear that you have left a message for your doctor. I would be concerned about any kind of spotting because I would be wondering where the bleeding is coming from if you had a hysterectomy.

After having breast cancer and monitoring me for uterine cancer, because I had a thickened uterine lining, spotting was the thing I was supposed to watch for. When they did an endometrial scraping for pathology, I had pre-cancerous cells, so they did a hysterectomy. This is the exact opposite to what you are experiencing, so I am at a loss. I'm certainly not a doctor, so I'm not about to guess what is going on.

Try to distract yourself for now. You have done what you can about reaching out to your doctor. At this point, there is nothing (unfortunately) that you can do. Waiting is certainly one of the top 10 most hated activities when it comes to cancer.

If you are willing to share, please keep us posted on how you make out.

cancertakesflight

#hysterectomy #spotting

seddah
18 Posts

@cancertakesflight
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxiously awaiting my appointment on the 31st. My plan though is to call my OBGYN's office this morning and request an earlier appt. I may also ask if she thinks I should just go to the ER and get tested there (I live in Canada so cost is not an issue). I will update with whatever happens.

seddah
18 Posts

@Jlo
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them a lot.

+ Reply