+ Reply
Toronto Sarcoma Program
PattiF
5 Posts

Hello. A doctor referred my husband to Toronto Sarcoma four weeks ago and we haven’t heard anything yet. Is there anyone who can tell me if this length of waiting time is normal or not? He has soft tissue sarcoma.

4 Replies
Thewasp
69 Posts

@PattiF

Hi. I hope you hear soon but just thought I would share with you how it works at my hospital. about a week after my mastectomy, I received a letter outlining when my upcoming appointments and scans would be. It detailed the next 2 months and I also received phone call reminders. I appreciated that because I hate the waiting game. That is very stressful.

I would call my family doctor and ask if they’ve heard anything and then if not, call the service you’ve been referred to.
i hope it happens soon for you.

PattiF
5 Posts
Thank you for your response. When we called our doctor two weeks ago, they said they were told my husband’s file was being reviewed. We have left a couple of messages with the Toronto group and hope to get a response soon. Sounds like a very organized program you are involved with. I hope all goes well for you!
Whitelilies
2447 Posts

@PattiF
Hello Patti…..waiting is adding stress to everything….glad you called your family dr….If the “file” is being presented to the Multi Disciplinary Team…this could add, to the wait…..vacation times is during summer….covid has added all sorts of delays (staffing especially)….so the waiting, continues; However…..nothing wrong with “calling again”…leave another message….reach the Toronto Sarcoma (team) at PMH (Princess Margaret Hospital)……let them “know” you are still waiting..,..link is below.

Regards

Whitelilies

PattiF
5 Posts
Thank you. I will keep checking back with Toronto Sarcoma.
+ Reply