+ Reply
Waiting for biopsies results

Why is the wait worse then having the biopsies??

8 Replies
Runner Girl
2894 Posts

@Suzanne123#

The wait is worse because it is the unknown result. Hoping and praying for the best result, fearing the worst.

I called my doctors office a few times during my wait, per instruction from the biopsy nurse, but was put off for several days.

Best thing to do is keep busy and try to put it out of your mind, I know, much easier said than done.

Thk you for your reply I am doing my best but thoughts creep into my mind when I have down times. My doctors are away right now as well. I have an appointment to see the surgeon regarding my results on July 18th

Whitelilies
2447 Posts

@Suzanne123# Hello Suzanne….yes we all agree; waiting is hard…….and we all wait…..for biopsy results/for tests to be booked/wait to see our Oncologist(s)/wait for a surgery date/wait by the phone……we must “learn” to wait…..

SO: as was earlier mentioned……try to keep busy…..get out of the house….go for walks……go for a bike ride……see an old friend….vacuum your cars' back seat……de-clutter 3 drawers….bake a cake……give it to a neighbour…..just immerse yourself in “busy”!!

When you catch your breath on the 18th……let us know how things went/if you are comfortable with that.

Warmly,

Whitelilies

#waitingistorture

@Whitelilies I am trying to do those things and I have a small dog to walk and keep me company. I have a younger sister that had breast cancer four years ago. Then went down the rabbit hole. She has nothing positive to say and I shouldn’t listen to my doctors because it’s a money grabber. I try not to listen to her negativity because it just brings me down. I love her and because of her breast cancer it took the best of her away which is really sad.

Whitelilies
2447 Posts
Suzanne123#‍ Hi Suzanne.....I am sorry, to hear of your sisters' "negativity".....if you need to connect/chat/reach out......make an appt with the Oncology-Social-Worker, at your hospital.....they are a wealth of knowledge...may know local support groups...may know of 1 to 1 peer support.....and of course; you can talk with them......(phone/in person).....
AND: Lean On Us.....we all do understand.,....one way, or another....
Not all family members (nor friends, for that matter), are "super duper supportive"......
Look at this time, as "open time"......to do what you wish.....to keep your body/mind/soul in tip top shape.....
Warmly,
Whitelilies

@Whitelilies
Thank you so much for the support. It’s been somewhat of a day in which I feel like my head is spinning and trying to do things but not finishing anything and now I am tired. I will be back tomorrow online. Goodnight!!

Whitelilies
2447 Posts
Suzanne123#‍ Please do join us tomorrow!
Self-Care Thursday! (Perhaps an at-home facial....soak in tub.....read a good book.....yoga/stretching....meditating.....) All Soothing!
Whitelilies
Runner Girl
2894 Posts

@Suzanne123#

I'm sorry to read that your younger sister has become a Negative Nelly after her breast cancer experience. I have to say, it couldn't have been all bad because she is still here today to complain about it.

Having cancer is hard, but I, personally, am grateful to still be here and so thankful to my doctors/nurses that gave me this chance. Without them and the treatments I'd surely be looking at the wrong side of the grass now.

@Whitelilies has given you some great tips. If you feel you need some positive support please come here, share and meet other women who are going thru what you are. This is a safe place to share your fears, side effects, questions and triumphs.

+ Reply