+ Reply
Wanting answers
Skye0808
2 Posts

Hello, I’m new here and just looking for some guidance and an outlet for my anxiety while I await testing.
Background: When I was around 22 I had 2 large lumps (and their attached clusters) removed and tested. I had accompanying symptoms but the main one was extreme fatigue and muscle soreness after doing regular daily tasks. It was hard to function in every day life. Multiple tests were done to be sure, but no cancer was found. I had all kinds of tests to check for autoimmune diseases but nothing was found. I left with a final diagnosis of Kikuchi Disease. I personally don’t think it aligned with my symptoms but I’m no doctor.
Gradually after having the lumps removed my symptoms dissipated.

Fast forward I am now 32. A few months ago I started feeling really unwell most of the time. I was winded doing daily things like vacuuming and laundry, my chest was heavy, loss of appetite, felt super full and bloated after eating and such a sore body again. During this time I noticed one of my glands were swollen and hard which is how it started last time. I kept an eye on it and it didn’t go away. 2 months later and I have a decent sized lump in my groin and about 5ish in my neck. I feel like I find a new one every week. I only end up finding them because the area gets itchy which makes me touch the area.

I waited a bit before making an appointment because I was scared I was over reacting. My groin area started to become painful. Not the actual lump but like the muscles around it when I moved a certain way. This also started with my neck. The lumps don’t hurt and aren’t tender but my neck hurts off and on.
Im waiting for my Ultrasound appointment which is at the end of the month. My lab tests came back in the normal range.

If you read this far thank you, it’s appreciated.
at this point I’m just anxious. I don’t wanna feel like dirt all the time and I don’t want something serious to be overlooked.
I feel incredibly irrational but I have 2 girls, one with Bipolar and the other with Spina Bifida who is and will be completely dependant on me.

kind words welcomed :)

5 Replies
ACH2015
2306 Posts

@Skye0808

Most of us here can identify with you regarding the anxiety and all that comes with it while awaiting tests and answers for what is affecting us.

Look at what you have done as positive, as you have initiated testing and are seeking answers. Diversion is our best friend while waiting on tests. Any physical exercise you can do helps burn anxiety, movies, books, sharing time with family, even just getting out of the house for a walk can divert our thoughts away from what makes us anxious.

I write this to let you know that the anxiety you are going through is not unique to either. When we are unwell and don't know why, it is so easy to feel like we are the only ones going through this experience. But you aren't alone at all. Reading through the posts here anxiety and waiting are prime reoccurring issues on the site. Coping by using distraction is our best friend at these times.

Sharing here and with family and friends you trust can help break the anxiety as well. We need to feel we can express ourselves to get the pressure off and feel supported.

I want to share a link with you from the Canadian Cancer Society that may help as well https://cancer.ca/en/living-with-cancer/coping-with-changes/your-emotions-and-cancer/coping-with-anxiety-and-stress Give it a look through. Hope this helps you.

Keep well

ACH2015

Whitelilies
2343 Posts

@Skye0808 Hello and welcome from ON! So glad you connected here with us! You have found a caring community….eager to listen and share and support one another…..Please have a look through the site; there is a lot of helpful information. (If you wish to reach out/'tag' a member, or ask a question…type “@”screen name (no space after @), select name, turns blue, they receive your message.

Anxiety - well this word, just brings ME anxiety…..please know, we all face it, from time to time, and moreso, when medical issues are involved……it is “normal” to have anxiety…perhaps you can try to increase your daily walking….write down your thoughts in a journal….call an old friend, just to re connect & share….soak in the tub…let all your stress go down the drain.

For your medical concerns….can your GP help you further? Perhaps ask for (another) appt……

I too have, 2 sons, with special needs (Autism)……lots of dependency here too! I truly understand…,.I am also in ONT…..for your child(ren)….do you receive the S.S.A.H. Funding Program? (Special Services at Home?) I can help you apply……if you wish……

Wishing you strength….and please, let us support you!

Warmly,

Whitelilies

Skye0808
2 Posts

@ACH2015

hello and thank you for the reply.
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. It’s nice knowing my feelings are valid because to be honest I don’t necessarily feel entitled to them because I have no diagnosis.

I will have a look around the site and try to manage my anxiety more constructively!

Enjoy your day :)

ACH2015
2306 Posts

@Skye0808

You are most welcome, and I am happy to know you now feel validated. We all can feel like we are alone, until we realize we are not.

Keep well

ACH2015

gran4
2 Posts

Waiting for results is always difficult and adds to the stress you're already feeling after discovering these swollen glans and lumps, etc. It's easy enough for me to say try and distract yourself with exercise, friends, etc., when you might not even feel up to anything, but I find that communing with nature and having friends to talk to or go out with is a great outlet and does, at least for a while, help you relax and de-stress. Good luck with everything and I hope you get positive results soon.

+ Reply