+ Reply
Log in or Register to participate in these discussions
Need advice, opinion,
Debbie5
6 Posts

Ok i will Tru to keep it short,

I have a Bosniac III cyste on my kidney for about 4 years now, and it's filled with liquid, so a biopsy cannot be done, and I have 50% chances it's cancer, and my doctor says I have to make a decision if I go through surgery i might loose my kidney, or risque infection and go through recovery, or continue my yearly scan, to follow the progress of it, so far it is growing but at a very small paste, what do you guys think?

Thank you

3 Replies
S2020
715 Posts

Hi @Debbie5,

That sounds like a tough decision. Have you had a second opinion by a nephrologist and/or urologist?

Below is a link with more information re: surgery vs active surveillance for Bosniak III & IV cysts:

https://bmcurol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12894-020-00614-5

Also, the Canadian Cancer Society’s Information Specialists may be able to provide you with more information or direct you to additional resources to help with your decision.

https://cancer.ca/en/living-with-cancer/how-we-can-help/talk-to-an-information-specialist

It really sounds as if you need another opinion from a medical professional. Whatever you decide, wishing you the best possible outcome. I hope you return to let us know how you are doing.

Debbie5
6 Posts
How do I ask for a second opinion to another specialist, it's already hard getting to see one specialist?
​​​​​​
ACH2015
2192 Posts

@Debbie5

Many of us seek a 2nd opinion for several reasons. And I am one of them.

https://cancer.ca/en/living-with-cancer/coping-with-changes/working-with-your-healthcare-team/getting-a-second-opinion

The above link is from this link courtesy of the CCS https://cancer.ca/en/living-with-cancer/coping-with-changes/working-with-your-healthcare-team

Give both links a look and you will find them very helpful.

Keep well

ACH2015

+ Reply