+ Reply
Core biopsy
Tui
3 Posts
Hi
I've recently had mammogram..ultra sound and yesterday core biopsy....I feeling sad a teary..thinking the worse
now the waiting begins
1 Replies

@Tui How are you feeling today? You are not alone in hating to have to wait. Until you have been through this, you can't truly appreciate what goes through your head while you wait for what seems like an eternity. I have been there many times. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011. I went through all my treatments. Many years later, I had a hysterectomy and had to wait 4 to 6 weeks for my results. Really? I thought that was crazy…brutal. Last year I had another biopsy and waited for the results. Again the wait was brutal. My emotions were all over the place. I was actually worse than the first time around. Fortunately, this second case of potential breast cancer turned out to be negative, but the fear was just the same.

Find something to do that keeps your mind occupied. I haven't found the magical solution to distracting myself, but I know when my mind runs wild. For example, I come up with some of my best ideas while I am hand-washing the dishes. Unfortunately, it is not an activity to do when I am trying to keep my mind busy. Tough break to have to give up dishes. :-)

Hang in there. Vent all you want. We are here to support you.

Click on any of the tags below and you will find other posts where other people are going through what you are going through.

cancertakesflight

#waiting #waitinggame #waitingistorture

+ Reply