+ Reply
Wow!
Tina1
23 Posts

Reading these msgs on side effects, sleeping long hours, pain, etc., is very scarey! This is such a long road ahead for "us" it's unbearable to think about! 😭😭 I'm still in shock on how I will be handling what's on the other side of treatment. I have many emotions, thoughts that I cannot deal with!😭

20 Replies
Whitelilies
1475 Posts

@Tina1 Hello Tina……it is me, again…….Please….try….with all your might….to “hold” those thoughts……you have no diagnosis, at this point in time……I am SO happy you will have the colonoscopy……you are taking care of you! Many folks, do not even do this “unpleasant test”….postpone it….and then they, may, “get a surprise”….down the yellow brick road.

One day at a time…..one step at a time……Everyone's body reacts differently, to medications…..some are more sleepy than others…..some dont take meds….some have diarrhea….some have constipation…….some get IV meds…..some get pills….we are unique; our Treatment plan is unique, to our needs/of our body.

Trust in your Dr on Sept 30th…….to do something right now…..why not write down some questions, you will have, on that date..bring them with you, for when you wake up….you will feel prepared! Make a list of concerns; the most important ones on top of your list. This will empower you.

I was taught…..that not all “symptoms” equal the C word…….it could be a road, on a different path.

Keep sharing your thoughts….we are here……..

Have a warm tea……sip…..think…..breathe out…..

Regards

Whitelilies

#breatheout

Runner Girl
2135 Posts

@Tina1

Slow down and take a breath. You have yet to be diagnosed and your anxiety is getting a little ahead of the game, you're going to make yourself sick. Let's look at what you know to be true - you have a few symptoms and you are going to have a colonoscopy to determine what is going on. There are several things they might find, cancer is only one of them. If it is not cancer then you are putting tremendous stress on yourself for no reason. We have seen, on this site, people getting completely worked up and learning they have something else that is not cancer - it can happen.

You're learning here that people are strong, they endure surgery and treatment to evict the cancer from their bodies. You too can be strong. Like the saying goes, you never know how strong you are until you have to be.

Runner Girl

JustJan
1031 Posts

@Tina1 first of all just try to breathe. Take some deep breaths and just try to slow things down a little bit.

My cancer experience is breast and ovarian both in 2019. I do understand your anxiety and waiting for tests, especially in the beginning was extremely anxiety provoking. Waiting for results felt like pure torture. I did ask my family doctor for some anxiety meds which really did help take the edge off. I had never needed them prior to this. This may be something you would like to consider.

I have never had a colonoscopy but had to do the same prep prior to my hysterectomy. My advice is to get yourself some cottonelle wet wipes. They will literally save your butt.

Please remember that worrying won’t change the results. Try not to go to the worst possible places. We are here to support you no matter the outcome.

@Tina1 You've received some great advice from @Whitelilies and @Runner Girl. For me, it took months before my cancer was fully diagnosed. All the tests and waiting can drive you crazy. Each day I worked toward my diagnosis and each day I repeated…Everything's okay until proven otherwise. Unfortunately we see what we are looking for. I tried to look for the positive.

While I was ultimately diagnosed with cancer, I actually worked during my treatments and 10 years later there still no evidence of disease. While everyone's experience is different, I wanted to share my story to show you the flipside to the cancer stories you've heard.

Worrying about what may happen is a mental exhaustion you don't have to experience. Don't cross a bridge that you may never have to cross.

You are not alone. Please keep us posted so we can be there as needed.

Cancertakesflight

Tina1
23 Posts

Thanku! I will purchase the butt wipes🤭 Well, my body is telling me things and I don't know how to interpret! Thanks for ur reply!✌️

Tina1
23 Posts

I'm gonna ask for some meds to calm me down. I don't work so, I have alot of time and I read stories on this site. I'm new here! All the stories are encouraging but u know how it is, sometimes ppl just think otherwise! Constipation is not a pleasant feeling to say the least! Thanku for ur reply!🙂

Boby1511
596 Posts

@Tina1

hi there. I took ondansetron (zolfran) to get thru the prep for the colonoscopy. Maybe ask for some just in case.
sending you best wishes.

Whitelilies
1475 Posts

@Tina1 Hello Tina…..I believe today is the “Cleanse Day”…….how are you doing with this phase??? Peg Lyte Fruit Flavour? Sipping Ginger Ale too? I hope it is all going “smoothly”…….Before you know it……Thursday is here; it will be all said & done….

Share with us, if you feel up to it…..how the colonoscopy goes!

Now; Time to Chuckle…….when you are about to begin the colonoscopy/go to sleep, etc….JUST THINK: that everyone there (Anaesthesiologist/ GI Dr, Nurse) looks like FOOD!!!

Tell them: You remind me of a Quarter Pounder with Cheese! Hey, you look like a Salad!!

Sending Positive Vibes your way…….Whitelilies

JustJan
1031 Posts

@Tina1 thinking about you and I hope the procedure goes well tomorrow. @Whitelilies gave you some great advice.

If you’re up to it after your colonoscopy let us know how you made out.

Hang in there!

Whitelilies
1475 Posts

@Tina1 Hello Tina…..Am thinking of you today!! Hope the scope is over and done with……I can imagine how yummy anything you ate, tastes…..and when you feel up to it….share whatever you wish. We understand……

Regards

Whitelilies

Tina1
23 Posts
Hi...My scope went well! No c!!! What I think the gastro advised as I was groggy, I have a lazy bowel. I am still experiencing same symptoms so, I really don't know what to think. I was released to follow metamucil and milk of mag procedure. Thank u for ur concern! Very appreciated!!
Runner Girl
2135 Posts

@Tina1

Thank you for sharing your update and congratulations on not having cancer!!!

Runner Girl

JustJan
1031 Posts

@Tina1 glad your scope went well and especially glad there is no “c”. Hopefully, you can breathe a little easier now.

Thank you for sharing your news with us.

Whitelilies
1475 Posts
Tina1‍ Hello Tina; Whooppee !! This is wonderful news.....I hope you are celebrating with a LARGE CHOC donut! (To make up, for no food; last 1.5 days !)
I am so happy for you.....thx for updating us.
Metamucil is common for people to take/need.
TIP: Not only does it come in Orange Flavour.....but BERRY too! Berry tastes way better!
Regards
Whitelilies
#metamucil
Tina1
23 Posts
Thank Lillian! All the Best!!✌️
Tina1
23 Posts

Yes, thank you!✌️

Whitelilies
1475 Posts
Tina1‍ Hi Tina....all the best to you as well......this is the BEST news of the day!
Now; wake up that lazy colon!! Shake Shake Shake !!!

Whitelilies
#Get Movin'
Tina1
23 Posts

It seems like its easier said then done!🙏

Runner Girl
2135 Posts

@Tina1

Here is a link with information on Lazy Bowel Syndrome

https://www.healthline.com/health/lazy-bowel

Tina1
23 Posts
Great! I'm still struggling with symptoms but this diagnosis is coming from a Gastro dr.
+ Reply