+ Reply
Sore feet
Meela
6 Posts
Hello
not sure I’m doing this right. Not sure really how to post. Hopefully this works. I am in the investigating stage of lung cancer. I am 67 years old and recently retired smoker. I have two nodules in my lungs that are of concern. One in my left lung 11mm and one in the bottom right8mm. Waiting to hear from the respirologist for what the next step will be. My biggest problem other than waiting is my feet. I have had the sorest feet for the past 4 months. All kinds of X-rays and blood work etc. Nothing is showing except a wee bit of arthritis in my ankles. Pain when I walk on them. I’m not a very big person. Nothing works to relieve it including 4 weeks of Physio. I am wondering if it is connected to the cancer. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this
6 Replies
Runner Girl
1688 Posts
Hi Meela

Welcome, you're doing it exactly right!

Be sure to mention your sore feet to your doctor, if you haven't already, so they can investigate.

I had pain in my hips, legs and feet with some of my treatments. I found the only relief came from acupuncture.

Runner Girl

Hello Meela

Just checking in to see how you are doing. Have you heard from your respirologist? Any answers? How about your feet - is this still an issue for you?

Thinking of you

Lianne
Meela
6 Posts
Doctors have not figured out my feet. After many try’s of relief methods I have found Tylenol arthritic pills to work the best for relief. This past Tuesday I had a needle lung biopsy and now waiting for the results. Thank you for touching base with me. It’s very comforting to have the support at these uncertain times.
S2020
259 Posts
Meela‍, waiting for test results is difficult. I hope you can do something enjoyable this weekend while you wait.

It’s unfortunate the cause of the pain in your feet has not been determined. I had very painful feet when my B12 was low and the first time was a couple decades before my cancer diagnosis so it was unrelated. I know there are many causes of foot pain, but I wanted to mention it because there were many tests done before anyone thought to check B12. You did mention bloodwork so it’s possible it was checked. If it wasn’t, don’t start taking B12 supplements while waiting for your biopsy results. Wait and ask your doctor.

Wishing you the best possible outcome with the biopsy results.
Meela‍ as S2020‍ says, the waiting is difficult. We will be here waiting with you. Let us know how you make out. We will sit with you and virtually hold your hand, whatever the news is.

Lianne
Meela
6 Posts
😍thank you
+ Reply