Maybe Cervical Cancer??

Maybe Cervical Cancer??

Posted by FreedomRyder on Aug 24, 2020 2:31 am

Hi, I am new to this page and I am freaking out. last week my left gland on my throat was so swollen. Just turning my head I could feel the pressure from the swollen ness and that never happens. I don’t know how to even identify swollen glands so for me to even recognize that proves it was really swollen. After several days it went away but started getting fevers, really bad headaches, dizziness eyes hurting, and loss of appetite. I’m just now starting to get better from that. 

However, a few days ago I noticed bumps and soreness around vagina and inside cervix. Some areas of the vagina are firm and hurts so badly. Has burning feeling sometimes to urinate, has some discharge of blood and pus that comes out too. At the crease of the vaginal area at the top closer to the stomach if I press on it I feel some tenderness which isn’t usual. 

It is nothing sexual as I am single and haven’t don’t anything for it to be some sort of STDs, herpes, or etc. I’m 28 years old and scared. I’m living with parents currently but didn’t say anything cause don’t want to worry them. There are multiple open sores, closed bumps and goes up to anus area. 

Not sure if it’s just cysts or could be cancer?

Re: Maybe Cervical Cancer??

Posted by ashcon on Aug 24, 2020 8:24 am

Hi FreedomRyder
Glad you came here. I am sure those with experience of cervical cancer may see your post and offer some advice. 

First, don't freak out until you get things checked out. Have you made an appointment to see someone yet? 
There's a common tip that is shared here: "what do you know to be true today?". For you, that's a set of unusual symptoms. That's it so far. Go get them checked out. 

Meanwhile stay close to credible websites, if you are researching online, and stay away from Google. 
Here's a good start :
https://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-information/cancer-type/cervical/cervical-cancer/?region=on

To help alleviate some freaking out until you get into to see someone, don't hesitate to call the Cancer Information Helpline at 1-888-939-3333.
They were so helpful to me when I was diagnosed. They were a wealth of information, resources, and calm reassuring kindness. 

Is there a trusted someone in your life that you can talk to, if you don't feel comfortable telling your parents yet about your worries?  Sometimes sharing the worry helps to cut it in half for you!

Please let us know what you find out when you manage to get in to see a doctor.
---- "Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." ----

Re: Maybe Cervical Cancer??

Posted by Lianne_Moderator on Aug 24, 2020 12:25 pm

FreedomRyder‍ 

Welcome to the community. I am glad you reached out. If you don't mind, I have moved your post to Pre-diagnosis. I hope for you that it stays that way. Pre-diagnosis is where people post about signs and symptoms, and waiting on tests without a diagnosis yet.
There is little for me to add beyond ashcon‍  's  post as she has said much of what I would have.  Having concerns about new issues with our body is good - it means you are paying attention to your own health. Hopefully you can get into a dr sooner than later to be able to get things checked out, and hopefully put your mind at ese.

Please keep us posted.

Lianne