Mass in breast

Mass in breast

Posted by Bleu on Aug 15, 2020 2:15 am

a few days ago I went in for a breast exam as I found a lump and freaked so went to get checked... doctor did his exam and found a huge mass... so now I'm being sent for a chest xray, ultrasound and mammogram.... i have never experienced anything like this before... honestly im worried... before all this came about I was changing a carseat over and leaned on the seat to secure it and something popped in my right breast.... nerve-wracking to say the least... however the mass seems to be smaller since then.. but still huge according to Dr. He seems very concerned about this... new to this even tho I've had cancer once already..(10 yrs ago).... I did ask doctor a couple years ago for an exam because I felt something abnormal and was told i was too young.... wouldn't you think that having cancer before they would of checked sooner.... praying this is nothing serious... but still scared that it is.... 

Re: Mass in breast

Posted by cancertakesflight on Aug 15, 2020 8:49 am

Bleu‍ I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. Some people talk about what a tramatic experience it is being told they have cancer. For me, not knowing what I was dealing with was worse. 

During this time I tried to tell myself that everything was okay until proven otherwise. I tried to find was to distact myself. Do what you like to do even if you don't feel like doing it. Physical activity is good as well.

The fact that you heard/felt a pop is something I haven't heard reference to before. Hopefully it's a sign that this is something more than cancer. I only know my own experience. 

As for not following up on your concerms earlier is frustrating to say the least. It's unfortunate but necessary to advocate for ourselves. 

Please take a deep breath. You have a lot of support here. If you feel comfortable please keep us posted.

cancertakesflight 
Laughter is a lifestyle choice. www.laughterandcancer.com/blog

Posted by Wendy Tea on Aug 15, 2020 9:56 am

Bleu‍  As cancertakesflight‍ has said,  take it one day at a time. Concentrate on what you know to be true today.  I found once my team got their hands on me, I had every medical test known to man, and then some more. I felt it was good that they eliminated problems than miss something.  When are your next tests?  I hope they are soon because we all tend to worry. Please stay in touch. 
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea

Posted by Bleu on Aug 17, 2020 4:50 am

chest xray in the morning.... hoping for more info soon... 

Posted by Wendy Tea on Aug 17, 2020 10:25 am

Bleu‍  Please let us know how you are doing.  Many of us have been in your position. 
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea