Biopsy is Negative

Biopsy is Negative

Posted by Yuliya on Jul 14, 2020 7:36 pm

Hello all, a few days ago I got my biopsy results and it came back negative. Negative for DCIS or invasive malignancy. The period from biopsy and report was the most stressful.
It all began in the end of May when I found a red spot just above my areola. Doctor Google immediately convinced me that I have Inflammatory breast cancer. In a few days I started having pain in my armpit and back. Urgent referral to the breast clinic was sent by my family doctor and I had mammogram and ultrasound. Ultrasound found a nodule 1.2x 1.0x0.7 cm and needle biopsy was recommended. So Final Diagnosis  - benign fibroglandular breast tissue. Phew! I am happy however after initial excitement I started thinking what if? what if biopsy is false negative? I am still thinking about this. My right breast doesn't feel the same as my left one and the pale pink spot is still there ( same size though) My doctor said we will monitor the nodule and follow up ultrasound will be schedule in October.

So if you waiting for biopsy results I hope my story will give you some hope. Hope always. I would like to thank so many people on this forum who welcomed and supported me here. Wendy Tea‍  you was the first one. Thank you Simi‍ and Lala82‍  thank you for answering my questions. I wish you all the best with your treatment. I am thinking of you. JoannaO‍ you are in my thoughts as well. And of course you ashcon‍ . Thank you for checking on me, sending me strength and support and valuable information.Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I am not leaving the forum. I hope to be useful here ( at least share my biopsy experience) and provide hope and support for people who need it.

Re: Biopsy is Negative

Posted by Wendy Tea on Jul 14, 2020 8:10 pm

Yuliya‍  It is always wonderful to hear a biopsy is negative!  Take a moment to breathe and then make sure your medical team stays on top of your follow ups. I am now on a schedule to make sure I remain in the clear too. I am so pleased you will stay on the site to share your knowledge with others and to stay in touch. 

Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea

Posted by Brighty on Jul 14, 2020 8:26 pm

That is such fabulous  news Yuliya‍ ! I'm so happy to hear!!!!
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Posted by ashcon on Jul 14, 2020 8:51 pm

Thank you for sharing your story, your experience, and this very good news! And thank you for bringing us along with you! 

Proper diagnostic testing: 1 point.
Dr Google : 0 points! 

Stay well, and let us know how things go in October. 
---- "Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." ----

Posted by Essjay on Jul 16, 2020 4:34 pm

Woohoo - so glad to hear Yuliya‍ what a relief for you xx
Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor since July 2018

Posted by Simi on Jul 17, 2020 2:55 am

Yuliya‍ so so happy for you! Stay safe and healthy !