Have a dent but mammogram is negative

Have a dent but mammogram is negative

Posted by Mai-Lin on Apr 2, 2020 11:04 pm

So I found a lump like last year on my left breast but thought it was a fibroid because it seemed to come and go with my periods. However it keeps coming back and finally hasn't left. I went to see my doctor and she sent me for a mamorgram and ultrasound but only on the left breast. They called me to do the mammogram first. 2 days after the mammogram, they called me to schedule an ultra sound in 2 weeks and also to do a spot magnification the next day but for my right breast.  That wasn't even the breast that had issues!!!  I've also been having shoulder and weak arms in the last few weeks. I've been stressing out and Doctor Google is no help at all for my anxiety that I am creating.... Since my spot magnification I've starting feeling lumps on the right breast that weren't there/wasn't looking for it on top part of the breast. I've also found a dimple on my left breast that you can see when I bend over. I couldn't find anything on the web saying it could be something else. In the meantime, Corvid19 is happening and my ultrasound is pushed for 1 month!! I'm freaking out here. I called and spoke to my doctor after 1 week of trying to get a hold of her to get results on my mammogram.  She told me that it was only fibroids and the the spot magnification was birad 1 negative. I am still supposed to do my ultrasound and she said there's nothing to worry about.... then why don't I feel relieved??I'm still worried because I still have my dimple and my arms are also still feeling weak. I've also noticed I've lost a couple of pounds... not sure if it's due to stress or what. Has anybody had a dimple and a negative mammogram? Am I freaking out for nothing?

Re: Have a dent but mammogram is negative

Posted by Lianne_Moderator on Apr 3, 2020 4:04 pm

Hello Mai-Lin‍ and welcome to the site.
I have moved your post to pre-diagnosis for now as you don't have a diagnosis of breast cancer - and that's a good thing.

We have a saying on here - What do I know to be true right now?
From reading your post, this is what I gleaned from it::
She told me that it was only fibroids and the the spot magnification was birad 1 negative. I am still supposed to do my ultrasound and she said there's nothing to worry about
I don't want to say you are freaking out for nothing because I understand how this is making you anxious and scared. For now though, you have good information from the doctor - which is why you sought her out - to hear it from a doctor. As best you can, try to distract yourself with things that bring you joy until and after you have your ultrasound. If you want to be pro-active, keep a little journal of what you are feeling and where, drawing a picture if it helps to see if something is different. Note if something made it feel worse or sore etc.
Beyond that, try to relax as best you can.
Keep us posted

Lianne