Is it cervical cancer? please help..

Is it cervical cancer? please help..

Posted by Delshr on Mar 12, 2020 4:15 pm

hi, i have been having spotting ( bleeding ) for 6 months now, pain during sex ( couldnt even use tampons ) and just recently ive started to have abdominal pains.. Worried if its cervical cancer??Its not a sti i got checked for everything twice..

I went to my doctor who sent me to a gyno who told me im too young to have a smear test ( i was 19 now 20, and she didnt even check me properly ). I have a colposcopy at the end of this week and im just too worried, especially after the girl that died last saturday over cervical cancer ... Anyone ever went through this ??
Debbi

Re: Is it cervical cancer? please help..

Posted by Brighty on Mar 12, 2020 4:20 pm

Delshr‍  welcome! Spotting can happen  for a number  of reasons but your gyno must do a pap smear on you.   I would go to another one if she refuses to do it.     I hope you get the answers you are looking for.    
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Posted by Essjay on Mar 12, 2020 7:01 pm

Hi Delshr‍ so sorry you are going through all this worry. You have a colposcopy tomorrow? Which should give you some answers. It’s basically a camera put inside you to check you out. It’s sounds like you have been taken seriously and are being well checked out. Ask the technician how long you will have to wait for the results, and if you can take a friend or family member with you to drive you home. Treat yourself after the procedure, to take the sting out of it.

You’ve got this, and there’s plenty of folks here to answer questions if you have them

best wishes Essjay
Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor since July 2018

Posted by jorola on Mar 12, 2020 9:04 pm

Hello Delshr‍ 
I can understand why symptoms of pain and unusual bleeding would be very concerning. Thing of it is, us women can have numerous problems, all very fixable ones, with our plumbing. Many of them cause pain and spotting/bleeding. Some of these conditions are: cysts, fibroids, endometriosis, adenomyosis, polyps, various sexually transmitted diseases, pelvic inflammatory disease. Yes cancer can be a cause but doctors first rule out of of these other way more common ones first. The colposcopy will help provide the doctor with the information they need to narrow it down to the proper diagnosis. So hang in there and know you will have some answers real soon.
Live, Laugh, Love

Posted by Lianne_Moderator on Mar 16, 2020 5:38 pm

Delshr‍ 

Just checking in. Was your colposcopy end of last week or this week?

How are you managing while you wait?

Lianne