The hardest wait of my life

The hardest wait of my life

Posted by Flowerchild83 on Mar 2, 2020 2:59 pm

I have been beside myself waiting for my mammogram and ultrasound. It feels like ive been waiting forever :( and im terrified of finding anything out. Im almost tempted to not go at all and let this lump remain unknown, I cant cope with what could be.

Re: The hardest wait of my life

Posted by Runner Girl on Mar 2, 2020 6:06 pm

Flowerchild83‍ ,

Yes, the waiting and wondering is very difficult.  We have all been there, we know.  You need to find a distraction during this time.  What is it that you love to do?

If you do not have the testing done the lump will not go away.  It may just be a cyst, or it may be cancer - and if it is, I can speak from personal experience, you want to catch it early.  Having cancer is NOT a death sentence.  I was diagnosed in May 2018 with breast cancer.  We're coming up to 2 years since and I'm here and currently cancer free!  

I know you are afraid, but you are NOT alone!

Runner Girl
Never stop believing in HOPE because MIRACLES happen every day!

Posted by Flowerchild83 on Mar 2, 2020 7:12 pm

I really love music so ive been listening to tons of it💖 for me I know if it is cancer its probably advanced, my lump is 4cm is hard and does not move and my armpit and arm are swollen so im already ready to hear the worst. It also might be a death sentence for me because I have stage 2 chronic kidney disease and have been in acute kidney failure twice already so i may have limited treatment options. 

Posted by SpeedyStill on Mar 2, 2020 10:11 pm

Flowerchild83‍ 
You caught my attention with your love of music.
Music is a path to the soul.
I also love music and a lot of my day envolves listening to music.
Music can activate the brain to produce good thoughts.
I also sing along with the songs, when I can, this way my brain does not have time to repeat over and over negative thoughts.
What we say to the mind eventually becomes reality. So why don't we fill it with good words.
I listen mostly to uplifting music and songs with a lot of love in them.
Love Music, Love Life and above all Love Yourself.
Speedystill 

Posted by Runner Girl on Mar 3, 2020 9:43 am

Flowerchild83‍ ,

Music is so good for the soul!!  I like to put on my 80's playlist and drive my cats mad by dancing around in the kitchen!  I can see on their little faces that they think I've lost my mind.

I'll admit, your situation does seem challenging.  But medicine these days can do some pretty amazing things so please don't rule anything out just yet.  There is always something that can be done, until they tell you there can't be.  

Runner Girl
Never stop believing in HOPE because MIRACLES happen every day!