Roswell Park , 2nd Opinion Review

Roswell Park , 2nd Opinion Review

Posted by LANDSCAPERNF on Jan 13, 2020 2:53 pm

my wife and I are considering going to Roswell Park Cancer Centre for a second opinion / review of her case; not sure if this is right move or not.  Mostly I either want to get some review of her case from a secondary perspective to reaffirm we are on the right treatment plans, or if they have other drug or treatment  suggestions.  After all this is life and death , and I would like to do everything I can to cover all bases.
wondering if anyone has any opinions or information on this
thanks

Re: Roswell Park , 2nd Opinion Review

Posted by TorUkie on Jan 13, 2020 6:16 pm

I am also new to this, so I will defer to the 'seasoned' folks here - but I am certainly pursuing the second opinion.  This is too important, especially that in my case it is a very rare type of tumour.  

Re: Roswell Park , 2nd Opinion Review

Posted by ACH2015 on Jan 13, 2020 7:01 pm

Hi LANDSCAPERNF‍ 

I'm sharing a link from the Canadian Cancer Society Second Opinions with you. The link talks about how to, why to look for another opinion.

I'm curious, have you asked your wife's current medical team about treatment options? I read in your profile that your wife is being treated for breast cancer, and has been for the past 9 months. Has the current treatment stalled or failed to meet the desired results? Did the medical team talk about a potential Plan B if needed down the road with you and your wife?

Was Roswell Park (USA?) recommended to you as a source to seek a 2nd opinion from?

Many of our treatment plans are multi faceted and are completed in stages. For my cancer treatment (not breast) I was given chemotherapy as a first step to get me to surgery. Surgery was followed by radiation as a clean up. Six months later, I suffered a recurrence, had immunotherapy that failed, and ended up with surgery#4. That process took place over almost three years, and put me back on surveillance.

I hope this helps with your situation and fills in some of the blanks for you.

TorUkie‍ I hope you find the link useful as well. All the best, and keep us in the loop with what you discover.

ACH2015