Liver, bladder and colon under investigation. I'm worried

Liver, bladder and colon under investigation. I'm worried

Posted by Mare2062 on Nov 20, 2019 9:40 am

I had breast cancer 3 years ago. Had a mastectomy.  5 tumours that were grade 3. Recently I went for a CT scan and they found something on liver. Then ultrasound.  Still inconclusive so MRI next. Tests revealed blood in urine and thickening in colon. So now tests for those areas too. Of course I'm worried. I have had 3 procedures and now need 5 more. That's a lot of tests.  I just went off work. Am overwhelmed with all this. People try to reassure me but it doesn't take the fear away. At least they are getting me in quite quickly. All tests within 2 months. Anxiously waiting.

Re: Liver, bladder and colon under investigation. I'm worried

Posted by Wendy Tea on Nov 20, 2019 10:34 am

Mare2062‍ , I am so sorry you are facing more health challenges. You are right that they are pushing you through all these tests and that is a good thing. Waiting is so very difficult. What we try to follow is focus on today. What can you do today to get or stay healthy. If you focus on this, it may be a small distraction from an overwhelming series of medical tests which are to come. Please stay in touch and get some solace here from a great group which can offer support. We are here to help.
Best wishes 
Wendy Tea 
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea

Posted by Mare2062 on Nov 20, 2019 10:42 am

Thank you so much for your encouragement Wendy. I can't seem to focus on getting healthy right now. I get depression and have anxiety and tend to shut down for awhile when things are rough. I do have a young little dog named Georgie who helps me feel happy. Also I've been playing my new digital keyboard a lot and that's good for me. Maybe the tests will be fine. It's nice to talk in this group anyhow.

Posted by Runner Girl on Nov 20, 2019 11:15 am

Hello Mare2062‍ ,

Welcome to the site.  The waiting is definitely the worst part.  Thankfully you have a schedule and plan for all of the tests so you can plan your time accordingly and you're not waiting to find out which test will be when.  Spend lots of time with little Georgie, who, I'm certain, will lift your spirits as only a doggie can!  If you're able, busy yourself with those household chores you've been meaning to do but haven't gotten around to.  That will help keep your mind occupied as well.  The tests may well be fine, let's hold onto that positive thought.  

Runner Girl
Never stop believing in HOPE because MIRACLES happen every day!

Posted by Mare2062 on Nov 20, 2019 2:18 pm

Thanks for your support! Nice to know people care out there. Yes I could try household chores or decorate for Christmas maybe. Thanks again

Posted by Ohmy on Nov 21, 2019 7:34 am

Hello to you and please give your dog Georgie a little squeeze for me. The waiting for results can be so difficult I am sure. I am 2 months post-op from a colon resection to remove a stage 1 tumour there. I will be seeing my doctor this morning and even now I'm still worried about them finding something different. I know that Netflix helped me a lot and I know it sounds terrible but some mornings I would just stay in my pyjamas, have a tea and watch movie after movie that was a good distraction for me while I was waiting for my initial pathology results. Let's hope you can find something to distract you whether it's good friends a good walk yoga or meditation. I will be thinking of you and hope but the results are not cancer or what you're thinking

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Nov 21, 2019 10:53 am

Mare2062‍ , welcome to this incredible community. You’ve already got most of our “best advice,” for people who are awaiting news.

I love that you have a musical outlet, and a pet to help you through this. I don’t play an instrument (at least not well enough for it to be a comfort), but I will crank up the tunes and use some of my “happy music” to try and lift my spirits. 

I also use yoga and audio books about mindfulness to try and keep my keel evenly under me, and can provide you recommendations (although, if you search “Kabat-Zinn” here on the site, you’ll find several references.)

Be sure to be candid with your doctors about your depression and anxiety. It will help them manage your case, if it comes to that. While it’s good to know your signs and symptoms, and to acknowledge your feelings, it’s important to address them and work through them before you shut down. You might even consider having a sit-down with your GP in the interim as a proactive measure.

You are welcome here any time, to give us an update, or to vent. Share as little or as much as you wish.
“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying

Posted by Mare2062 on Nov 21, 2019 11:15 am

Hi. Thanks for writing. I hope your appt. Goes okay. I find I can't sleep well at night. So do sleep during the day some. Going to a Christmas workshop this weekend. So finding some things to do. I also have my mammogram next week. The way things have been going they might find something there too lol. Good luck to you