Lump in scrotum, worried.

Lump in scrotum, worried.

Posted by JoKur95 on Nov 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Hello everyone,

ill try and keep this short but also explain everything the best I can.

I found a lump 2-3 years ago (I am 24 now). It ended up painful and I went in to get it checked and also an ultrasound and was treated with antibiotics for epididymitis which is what the doctor seemed pretty sure that’s what it was. I finished my course of antibiotics and noticed that the pain was gone but the little lump/swelling was still there. I never heard back about the ultrasound and the doctor told me if I didn’t get a call no news is good news. So stupid me I thought it was just fine and left it.

fast forward to now. I experienced some pain again starting two weeks ago. Went to a different doctor who also checked me out and gave me antibiotics once again for epididymitis. I have finished those for around 3 days now but the lump/swelling once again is still there and this time I’m still getting pain. 

So this time I decided enough was enough and went back and said I still have pain and now I’m going to be going for an ultrasound again next Friday. 

I am absolutely paranoid about this being something serious and I feel like from how long this has been it would be bad.

When I check myself it seems like there’s no lump on the actual testicle, it’s more the epididymis that feels like there’s a lump or swelling, part of it does feel hard. I don’t think it has changed sizes (only it seems bigger when there’s pain then when I’m not getting pain) if I touch the lump it doesn’t instantly cause pain and isn’t tender to the touch but when I do about 5-10 minutes later pain starts.

i have no idea what to think and Dr. Google points me at a bunch of cancers. Could this just be a bad case of epididymitis? Could this be cancer? Could it be both?

im more looking if possible that something similar has happened to anyone and any experience they may have had. I’m driving myself crazy and I’m on constant Tylenol due to pain and I have to wait a week just to get the ultrasound done and go from there (which already is feeling like forever).

also: when the doctor checked my bladder area he didn’t seem concerned there no lumps or anything I was told.

Thanks to everyone who reads this, I’m gonna try to calm myself a bit.

-Josh

Re: Lump in scrotum, worried.

Posted by Wendy Tea on Nov 15, 2019 8:39 pm

JoKur95‍ , hi Josh, insisting on further testing is smart and having an ultrasound next Friday is perfect. Make sure you push the doctors this time. Do not accept If you dont hear from us, there us nothing to worry about. You should always make a follow up appointment after tests. One week isn't far away so keep busy while you wait. 
Wishing you good health,
Wendy Tea 
ps 
great handle...JoKur95!

Posted by Brighty on Nov 15, 2019 9:01 pm

JoKur95‍   I see you have already met Wendy Tea‍  who gave you some great advice!    The only thing I would like to add to it is to absolutely stay away from Dr. Google.    There's a lot of outdated and inaccurate information out there.  It  does no good to anyone but scare people!!!!       While you are waiting to find out what is going on, try and keep yourself busy distracting yourself.   Do you have anything you like to do?   Hobbies?   Or anything that needs getting done while you wait?    That good old closet or drawer that hasn't been cleaned?     A pet to snuggle with?    Let us know when you find out more information.   

Posted by JoKur95 on Nov 17, 2019 4:26 am

Thanks for your replies,

I decided to goto the hospital tonight, I was having some pretty bad pain and wanted to see if they would do an ultrasound earlier to figure out what is happening

after seeing the doctor I now got my ultrasound scheduled for Monday! Saves a bunch of days of stress waiting haha.

he checked everything down there and said he is pretty confident it’s not something serious and that the ultrasound is more of a precautionary measure. He was also very confused that I have not been taking Advil instead of Tylenol and that apparently I may just have inflammation that the advil would just get rid of. Which would be interesting after dealing with this nonsense for so long

i will update when I can!

thanks!

Posted by Wendy Tea on Nov 17, 2019 11:48 am

JoKur95‍ , that is awesome news and good for you for taking charge. Please stay in touch!

Cheers!
Wendy Tea

Posted by JoKur95 on Nov 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Hey!

sorry for the late update! I was able to get the ultrasound done today instead of Monday, and I was worried because they told me to stay and talk to the doctor for the results.

Doctor came in and it was a epidermal cyst, and also had a bacterial infection which was causing some of the pain, huge relief! 

Thank you all for your replies, I wish you all the best :)

-Josh

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Nov 20, 2019 2:45 pm

JoKur95‍ 

Great news. Thanks for letting us know.
Wishing you well

Lianne

Posted by Rayline on Nov 20, 2019 2:58 pm

Thank the Lord Josh! Because having cancer sucks big time so glad you are not going through this.