Found a Lump

Re: Found a Lump

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Sep 25, 2019 5:55 pm

JazThomson‍ 
Happy to hear that the ultrasound is now done and that this wait is now done. Now on to waiting for results.
As Wendy Tea‍ said so well, we are right here waiting with you.

Keep us posted
Take care

Lianne

Posted by JazThomson on Sep 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Update. So my doctors office called today in the middle of class (I'm in college to be an electrician), she sounded distraught and said that they have a biopsy scheduled for me for Friday. This Friday. Apparently whatever they found didn't look good because she sounded sad, everyone I talked to to confirm the appointment sounds sad. Time stopped guys. My feet d*** near came out from under me in the hallway and my chest threatened to explode. I just had myself so convinced that it was nothing. I mean it still could be nothing but. I'm actually worried beyond now. I don't know what to think or feel. 

Posted by Runner Girl on Sep 30, 2019 2:39 pm

JazThomson‍ ,

Take a deep breath.  Try not to panic, it won't solve anything.  There is no for sure diagnosis until the biopsy has been done and the results come back.  Over the next 3 days you can "what if" yourself into a tizzy or you can spend the time preparing your plan.  Who is available that can go with you to the biopsy?  You should not go alone.  Think about what you are prepared to do if it is cancer and if it is not cancer.  Have you considered that the solemness that you believe you heard in their voices was perhaps not meant for you and could possibly be some other event and the timing was just poor?  

My first lump was found at 40, turned out to be not cancer.  

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.  If you're up to it after the biopsy let us know how it went.

Runner Girl
Never stop believing in HOPE because MIRACLES happen every day!

Posted by Wendy Tea on Sep 30, 2019 4:25 pm

JazThomson, Well Runner Girl said it best. We are so lucky to have quality medical care today. A biopsy is very simple. I had a titanium marker implanted at the same time as my biopsy. When I got my diagnosis, I said Do whatever it takes to make my journey easy. They did. I am almost six months post surgery, on vacation heading home tomorrow and really enjoying life. Soon you will be too but we are all here for you during this stage of your trip.
Best wishes
Wendy Tea
I am a survivor. Wendy Tea

Posted by Kims1961 on Sep 30, 2019 6:07 pm

JazThomson‍ SO glad you posted!  I found this time of "waiting" very difficult.  Being online here really helped - ask questions.  You have some really good advice from the others.  Do you have someone that can go with you?  Nice to have an extra set of ears.  Writing out your questions now can really help.

To keep myself "busy" during the waiting time, I tried some distraction techniques. Easy things that kept my mind busy - like cleaning out closets, drawers.  Exercise, connecting with support people/friends, hobbies, Netflix series...anything that can keep you "busy".  

As you can see from the other posts here - if it is cancer, there is so many treatment options.  For some, cancer can be "cured", others it is treated like chronic disease .  The old cliche of a step at a time - easier to say than to live it, but we are here when you need us.

Take care, Kim
Her2+, ER+ Bilateral mastectomy in 2017, followed by chemo and radiation. Mack and Hannah's mom

Posted by JazThomson on Sep 30, 2019 7:13 pm

Okay now that I've chilled out haha it just took me off guard to get that call I had myself fully convinced that they would either find nothing or know for sure that it was a simple cyst and no biopsy required that I let my guard down. My husband will be going with me as I cannot drive alone yet (still have my learners). 80% of biopsies are benign so there's no reason to panic yet. It is what it is. I'm plenty distracted though. School every morning from (I'm up and out the door by 6) 7am till 3:30 pm then I come home to 2 toddlers haha plenty busy 

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Oct 3, 2019 1:23 pm

JazThomson‍ 

It is no surprise that this phone call threw you for a loop but it sounds like you have some great strategies for keeping busy and distracted until Friday and the wait for results beyond that.
Keep us posted

Lianne

Posted by Treepeo on Oct 3, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi JazThomson‍,

I get why you freaked out.  No one wants to be told they need a biopsy.  But look at it this way.  At least they are taking care of you.  They want to find out one way or another what that lump is all about, so that's a good thing.  And I am glad that your husband will be with you.  It's always a comfort to have support.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you.  I hope that lump is benign and that you can put this scare behind you.  Please know that we are all with you in spirit.  Keep us posted.  Big cyber hugs to you, Super Mom!  Holy cow, what a schedule you have.  How do you do it?  You have earned my admiration!  LOL

Posted by JazThomson on Oct 4, 2019 8:28 am

Biopsy done! 10 day wait for pathology and he wants me to have a surgical consult just to cover all of our bases. I'm a BI-RADS 4A and he said he doesn't see anything particularly nasty but he's concerned where it's something that's easily felt and seen on imaging and hasn't gotten smaller over the 3 months it's been there so he wants to be extra careful, till then I shall try to be patient (and ice my sore boob haha) 

Posted by Runner Girl on Oct 4, 2019 9:47 am

JazThomson‍ ,

You sound particularly upbeat after the biopsy.  Great attitude to cultivate!  

I have found the biopsy pain to be much greater than my surgery pain, not sure why.  In a few days you should be feeling much better.

Have a good weekend!

Runner Girl

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Oct 4, 2019 12:29 pm

JazThomson‍ 
Happy to hear the biopsy is in the rear view mirror now.  While all of these tests might seem daunting, I like the fact that your Dr''s are being thorough and checking things from all angles

Keep us posted

Lianne

Posted by Treepeo on Oct 4, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi JazThomson‍,

I am so happy to hear that your biopsy is done and that your doctor is being so thorough.  Better safe than sorry.

I remember my biopsies.  I was expecting to have 2 and instead, I had 8, 3 in the right, 4 in the left, and one in my underarm area.  I asked one of the workers beforehand, "He's not gonna touch  my nipple, is he?" and she said she wasn't sure.  Well wouldn't you know it, that's the first thing he biopsied.  Yikes!  And on top of that, they had to use ultrasound for 6 of them, which hurts me like the dickens.  I don't know how I got through the next few days of work, but somehow I managed.  The stuff we go through, eh?!!

Posted by JazThomson on Oct 9, 2019 3:03 pm

Ladies some help, I don't know if this a new symptom or if the biopsy caused it. I had my biopsy last Friday minimal bruising, minimal swelling and minimal to no pain. It's now Tuesday. My nipple kind of hurt like um when you're engorged and there's milk that needs to move. Now my milk on this side never really dried up so this is fairly common. I gave it some gentle pressure on either side like I normally would and got blood instead. Straight blood. I've been cleaning dried blood off it since the biopsy but it could've been before because I didn't really take a keen interest in really examining them before. I just thought it was left overs from the biopsy considering it kinda went everywhere while they were doing it. I know this is a symptom of breast cancer but I'm not sure if it's from the biopsy or the lump itself. Has anyone else had this happen before? 

Posted by Wendy Tea on Oct 9, 2019 3:14 pm

JazThomson‍ , please call your doctor or a healthcare worker. They need to know what is going on with you. Let us know what you find out.

Please make that phone call.
Wendy Tea

Posted by Runner Girl on Oct 9, 2019 3:34 pm

JazThomson‍ ,

I've had biopsies on both breasts at different times one for a non-cancerous lump and one for cancer and have never had the experience you are having.  I have to agree with Wendy Tea‍  in that you should give your doctors office a call.

Take care.

Runner Girl

Posted by JazThomson on Oct 12, 2019 8:18 pm

So ladies sorry for the late update. It looks to have been blood because he biopsied the milk ducts and such causing bleeding in that area, she said to monitor for changes or black bruises in the area, heat or swelling but it should clear up on it's own.

Posted by Wendy Tea on Oct 12, 2019 8:27 pm

JazThomson‍ , oh that is good news! Except for doing the biopsy on the milk duct. Yikes. Keep on eye on how things are going. Make sure you go back to the doctor if you see any changes. Dont wait.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Wendy Tea

Posted by JazThomson on Oct 15, 2019 8:32 pm

So it's been 10 days! I called my Dr Office today but the report wasn't in yet so. More waiting... Good thing I've got my First Aid course keeping me plenty occupied. My first thought was "I wonder if no news is bad news because that might mean they found something and had to run it again" BUT that won't help me any. 

Posted by JazThomson on Oct 24, 2019 8:43 pm

So my drs office called. No appointment, won't set me up with the surgeon even tho the radiologist requested it even if the results were benign. She said it looks fine and basically hung up. I've had this same one do this to me before only for me to get an appointment for something unrelated and my Dr flip out that I wasn't seen for something else sooner (I've had several paps come back abnormal and she said they were fine then months later I get sent for further testing and biopsies since it was far from normal and ended up being pre-cancerous) I'm kinda furious I feel like I'm not being taken seriously. The lump is still there I just want to know what it is and if it'll go away on it's own or if there's a risk that if isn't cancer now it will be later. Could I get it removed anyway? Like. I know our system down here is crap right now but I'm young and scared and a human being. 

Posted by Wendy Tea on Oct 24, 2019 8:58 pm

Hi JazThomson‍ , I am sorry your experience has been so disgusting. Please call your doctors office and make an appointment.  You need to have a face to face discussion. Then if you are still not happy you should make a formal complaint. Is it possible to see a different doctor in the same office? It is sad you have to fight for what should be a right.

Let me know what happens please.
Wendy Tea