+ Reply
Donation of hats, scarves etc
Jonaleeca
17 Posts

I have been very fortunate to be able to purchase hats, scarves, a wig, clothing to keep the sun off me while gardening, etc. These items gave me confidence and security (from UV rays) while going about my daily life. For me, it provided a sense of normal. Some of these items are gently used and others have never been worn. Some women rock the bald look while others are very self-conscious. I would like to donate these items to women who simply cannot afford to purchase for themselves. If anyone could provide some direction I would very much appreciate it.

5 Replies
Whitelilies
2526 Posts

@Jonaleeca Hello Jonaleeca and welcome from ON!

How thoughtful, that you want to Give Back ……hats, scarves.

Forgive me, as I am not an “expert” in this area….but my thoughts are……you could call 1-888-939-3333 Intake at Canadian Cancer Society…..and get direction from these folks……Perhaps reach out to the Look Good Feel Better Program/near you, or; at a Hospital near you/of your choice…..see if they have this Program; and ask if you could drop off/donate Hats & scarves.

I am sure these worthy Organizations, will be happy to accept and help others.

Thank you so much!

So glad you posted……soon other members will chime in, and say hello and share their ideas too! You will have lots in no time!

Welcome Jonaleeca

Whitelilies

#donate Hats & Scarves

Faye
256 Posts

@Jonaleeca

i would check at your local cancer centre where you received treatment. They may have a program that takes wigs scarfs etc. My cancer clinic has a program that welcomes these, they clean everything and offer them at no cost to anyone who needs them.

Jonaleeca
17 Posts

@Faye Thank you for your input. I have seen those boxes of hats, scarves etc at the cancer clinics and noticed that people help themselves which is great. But sadly, some people take them because they are free - not because they cannot afford them. I would prefer to give these items to a woman who wants to feel better about herself while going through treatments but cannot afford to spend $20 - $30 for each item. And wigs are so expensive! I only wore mine when I left the house which was not often due to the pandemic but I was so grateful that I had a wig.

Roseanna11
10 Posts

Very interested, in need and a single mom already on disability before diagnosis. I would so very much appreciate these! 😊 not sure how to message you?

Jonaleeca
17 Posts

I have sent you a friend request and perhaps we can chat more about this in the private messaging. I would love to help you if I can.

+ Reply