+ Reply
Transportation Help- Wheels of Hope Update

The practical challenges of a cancer diagnosis can sometimes feel overwhelming. This can include planning how to get to and from treatments and appointments. Our Wheels of Hope transportation program can help people affected by cancer with their travel needs. While this program has been paused during the pandemic, we’re excited to share that we have resumed service in Ontario, Alberta and Saskatchewan.

88ce82b2a8ee8acd3df8f82d110b857e-huge-wo

The health of our communities is our highest priority – which is why we’ve reimagined Wheels of Hope and made important changes to protect the safety and well-being of clients and volunteer drivers. These include

• Installing plexiglass barriers and providing mask and glove kits, anti-bacterial wipes and hand sanitizer
  • ️ Seating passengers to adhere to physical distancing guidelines
  • Implementing a COVID-19 screening process for every client

We're so grateful to partners like Honda Canada Foundation for supporting our Wheels of Hope program and helping us implement these important changes that keep everyone safe. Learn more about this and other ways we can help Canadians affected by cancer with transportation: https://bit.ly/3wJiGaQ

1 Replies
supersu
498 Posts

@Lacey_Moderator

OMGoodness - this would have been a godsend while I was having radiation last year. I ended up ‘Uber’ing a few times…..it was in the thick of COVID of course, so by the time I ‘suited’ up and doused myself with sanitizers it was all quite hilarious….not to mention the $$$$ I spent going to & fro. (I acknowledge my privilege to do so 100%)

thank you so much for sharing this, I will be sure to let others who I interact with know about this service. sometimes figuring out the little things like transportation actually become the BIG things.

cheers
su

#cancer #cancerisHARD #transportationsupport

+ Reply