Hospital bed

Hospital bed

Posted by Jude on Jul 1, 2019 2:26 pm

Is there an organization that covers cost of a hospital bed at home? My brother is at home and can only be made comfortable now. He had to close his towing business months ago and his wife had to leave her job. Just wondering about this. 

Re: Hospital bed

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Jul 1, 2019 7:27 pm

Jude‍ 

Welcome to the site and thank you for reaching out. I am not sure where you or your brother are located but Red Cross has an equipment loan program. Not certain if they loan beds but might be a good first start.
They are at https://www.redcross.ca/
The social worker at his local hospital may also know of local resources. You could also call our Cancer Information Services at 1888-939-3333 and they could direct you to resources based on your location.

Let me know if you need more information if this doesn't pan out or if you are able to get a bed.

I am sorry you and your family are going through this but glad you reached out. There are many people on the site in a similar situation and we are here to listen 

Lianne

Posted by Jude on Jul 1, 2019 8:11 pm

Thank you. I will check it out. 

Posted by nancy180 on Jul 2, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi, my brother had the free use of a great hospital bed at no charge. He also had a wonderful scooter and other things. In Canada they were all provided by The Oddfellows organization. They set up the bed etc at no charge. Please call your local chapter!! 
Nancy

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Jul 12, 2019 12:19 pm

Jude‍ 

Just checking in. Were you able to find a hospital bed?

Thinking of you,
Lacey