Returning to Work

Re: Returning to Work

Posted by scaredysquirrel on Aug 1, 2018 11:51 pm

Kims1961‍ thanks.  I downloaded the job analysis and it is very helpful!   I filled out most of it and printed a copy in case I need it for any reason.  Thanks again for posting this link.

Posted by scaredysquirrel on Jan 20, 2019 1:12 am

I sure wish I had returned to work like so many here have.  It's really bugging me that I didn't follow through with my plan to return in Sept.  It was like my mind kept changing daily.  I needed Cynthia Mac to phone me daily to make sure I follow through with my return to work plan.  I almost made it, with one week to go.  I don't know what happened to my resolve.  I'm so angry with myself.  I always go back after being on sick leave.  I wish I had not gotten on the retirement treadmill, I couldn't seem to get off.  Oh dear, what now?

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Jan 21, 2019 8:27 am

Oh, scaredysquirrel‍ , phoning you daily wouldn’t have helped with either scenario, I’m afraid. I know it was ultimately your decision, and while I was able to see merits in both returning to work and taking retirement, all I could do was illuminate the good and bad in either case. I think your husband was doing some of that, too, at your end.

These days, my wish for you is to see you become accepting of what is, and to stop kicking yourself for what might have been. From where I sit, you did everything in your power to get back into your former workplace, and it didn’t work out. 

What now? Well, how about telling us how your volunteer position went last week, stated in a way that doesn’t mention anger with yourself, or any regret about your past. 

Share with your friends: